What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genius for IPad apps

kawipoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed recently Genius is only showing around 10 apps. The same 10 apps reappear no matter what category I select. I used to recommend hundreds of apps and the apps would change depending on category. I have tried to turn off genius and turn it back on but the same ten apps appear. Is anyone else having a similar problem and is there anything which can be done to solve it?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you have tapped Categories and selected All and that you don't have a lot of apps running in the background. I just checked mine and it's working. I would give it a little time, a day maybe and see what happens...

OP
K

kawipoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been going on for a week. I have around 60 apps on the IPad and most of them are running in the background. I have reset the IPad but as I said the categories does not even work properly in genius.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kawipoo said:
This has been going on for a week. I have around 60 apps on the IPad and most of them are running in the background. I have reset the IPad but as I said the categories does not even work properly in genius.

If you have that many apps going in the background, I would seriously suspect a memory problem that is affecting the App Store app's ability to process the request. You have tried freeing memory by closing the apps? If so, let's see if someone else has the answer.

Last edited:
OP
K

kawipoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I also tried it with the apps closed in the background. No improvement!

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i have the same problem. Only 15 apps show--the same ones no matter what category is highlighted.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I see it now. Only the same sixteen apps on mine no matter the category...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe this is as far as Genius goes for the moment. I really never paid that much attention to it and am unsure if the individual categories ever worked.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has a habit of making some bizarre suggestions, especially in iTunes. Its supposed to base it's recommendations on what you have in your collection. The other day it decided that because I have music by REM, I should consider buying the new " Take That " album. Errr....No :)

The app part of it has yet to offer me anything other than bolt ons for stuff like Amplitube. Useful, but the app always asks me anyway!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I beg to differ. While the Genius does return hits with different categories selected, it still returns only about 15 or 16 hits. I used to get dozens or hundreds at a time with All Categories selected. Definitely not back to status quo on my iPad.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skallal said:
I beg to differ. While the Genius does return hits with different categories selected, it still returns only about 15 or 16 hits. I used to get dozens or hundreds at a time with All Categories selected. Definitely not back to status quo on my iPad.

Oh? I never noticed that there were that many in the individual categories and didn't really look that far (never really started using the Genius function much until lately). Well, a while back all categories were showing the same programs so we seem to be making progress, I hope we get back to the hundreds listed per category soon. :)

Last edited:

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have noticed recently Genius is only showing around 10 apps. The same 10 apps reappear no matter what category I select.

I'm seeing the same problem!

Most reactions

Latest posts