What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G'day from downunder Sydney

MondoTv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad (1) to use with a budget autocue (teleprompter) system user my iPhone 4 as a controller (I run a video production business) - it works fantastically well, though I would not recommend it for live changes as there is currently no remote text editing with the app I use (ProPrompter). iPad is a sluggish text editor in any case. I am currently re-typing this post on my PC because when I clicked on a smiley button to the right it lost my post and I couldn't face retyping it on the iPad!

So my first tip - don't click on the "more" link on the smileys - it evokes a popup on Safari and you'll lose your post - least I did:) Plus when I checked on IE there are no more smileys in the popup anyway!

Tip #2 - when you get your iPad, the first thing you should do is turn off autocorrect under keyboard in settings. Just about every Google search I did it changed my search - made you want to bang your head against a brick wall (that's the d*mn smiley I was looking for)....

If you can't spell this might be a bad tip .. take it or leave it but I found it the most most frustrating iOS "feature". I know what I want to type!

Most requested iPad feature - keyboard arrow keys. I'll put my vote in - I hate the magnifying glass.

Most reactions

Latest posts