What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband and I have a mutual love of gardens, gardening ( more me directing and me enjoying). I just wanted to know if there were any fellow gardeners. I tried looking for a decent app to plan our veg, flower and herb garden but they were either for the American market and only catered to flowers, herbs, vegetables but none seemed to have it all. Gardening planner HD seems the closest but doesn't have flowers as well but I would love to know anyone else who knows of any other app. Any lovers of gardens?

Attachments

• image-2155418128.png
    image-2155418128.png
    883.6 KB · Views: 756

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is beautiful, Haley! If I touch it. It dies. Seriously. I can plant sunflowers really well and I love to get flowers.:D

My favorite is Wisteria ~ love that! Next door there is a small tree with a whole bunch!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you look at the picture, in the foreground is my wisteria as this was taken from my bedroom window. Yes, I'm afraid I also have my failures especially indoor ones. They never seem to survive lack of watering/ overwatering that I give them. Too much love! The trick Marie (Dawn) is to buy plants that will survive without us. Roses, lavender, wisteria are my favourites and don't need too much care although in sunny Cali, you probably have droughts like I had in SA. Oh, by the way, I tried sending you a pic of my garden/field in messages but couldn't find how to attach pics so gave up. I find the app easier to use. I know you swear by the website but it is slightly confusing for a forum noob!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at the picture, in the foreground is my wisteria as this was taken from my bedroom window. They never seem to survive lack of watering/ overwatering that I give them. Too much love! The trick Marie (Dawn) is to buy plants that will survive without us. Roses, lavender, wisteria are my favourites and don't need too much care although in sunny Cali, you probably have droughts like I had in SA. Oh, by the way, I tried sending you a pic of my garden/field in messages but couldn't find how to attach pics so gave up. I find the app easier to use. I know you swear by the website but it is slightly confusing for a forum noob!

I will send you my email, Haley. I love lavender ~ it is all over here right now! It is my favorite smell too and one of my fav colors ~ lotions ~ my house smells like lavender right now, actually!

The Wisteria around here this year is not very bright in color. I see so much and it really stings my heart. I don't know what has happened. Even the bunch next door is very pale.:(

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my god! Lavender is my favourite flower and I was devastated when the unusual 2 weeks of snow killed all my lavenders in the greenhouse. I've had some of them for years. My cordelines( is that how you spell it) were old when someone gave them to me and they died. I love fuchsias, geraniums/ pelagoniums, Californian poppies ( another favourite). I have hanging baskets as well. Flowers are my domain and veg are his. Do you have a garden.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also have lavender horse gear, my iPhone has a lavender cover and I've just bought an lavender iPad bag for work. I'm sick aren't I?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow. My true fav color is Periwinkle. I painted a wall that color in my house. Love it. I have clothes, dragonflies, which I adore, btw, in that color!

I think we need counseling.

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Daughters bedroom is that colour but my bedroom is, yes, you've guessed lavender. I love blue cars though, you haven't gone to my car thread yet, have you. By the way, my sister-in-laws name is Dawn. Freaky, isn't it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow. This is freaky. Yup. My real name is Dawn Marie. I go by Marie on line and at work, but everywhere else is Dawn. Don't ask why!

Car thread? I'm on it.;)

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love gardening and have a wonderful one, give it a few weeks and I will post up a few picks of my garden

If it helps it's Japanese themed

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it take time to keep it neat or does it just look after itself. I'm more cottage garden style but does need pruning. We are in beautiful spring, my fav time of year.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it take time to keep it neat or does it just look after itself. I'm more cottage garden style but does need pruning. We are in beautiful spring, my fav time of year.

Yes it takes alot of my time which to be fair is my hobbie........I enjoy

But have to say as i get older I do get pissed off with so much work

As for cottage style,I adore it just the wrong kind of garden for the property i currently occupy

Post a few pics of your garden Hayles:)

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These aren't as good as the ones in my ipad as I'm outside cinema waiting for daughter. Will post some more later. Let me see your garden.

Attachments

• image-3345988695.png
    image-3345988695.png
    913.4 KB · Views: 367
  • image-818529447.png
    image-818529447.png
    833 KB · Views: 366
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This the front. I can't find the back garden so will update when I have taken more.

Attachments

• image-4070955354.png
    image-4070955354.png
    607.5 KB · Views: 361
  • image-3338033855.png
    image-3338033855.png
    610.9 KB · Views: 369

Most reactions

Latest posts