What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garageband

rayf83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to import songs from your music library to GarageBand to edit and trim them?

Reaction score
It doesn't look, as if there is an option to import a song into Garageband directly. Garageband doesn't have an option to import songs, and if you add an mp3 file via iTunes to Garageband, it doesn't show up in Garageband. So it seems the only option is to re-record the song with Garageband, meaning you would play the song on another device and then use Garageband to record it.

If there is a direct way, it hasn't crossed my path, yet.

SoldOnApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to bother people with a new thread about this, but is the Garageband app worth it for someone who isn't inclined to make music etc? Like, is it nice to have? It's only $6 and requently makes the top ten must have app lists. Is it easy to make a song?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's at least as much fun to play with the smart instruments as it is to play with the other instrument apps available. Some of better ones cost as much or more than Garageband.

As for making a song, I haven't even tried, yet. But I'm not a musician, just a guy who likes to play with instruments.

ToSusieQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it & just play with it & see what comes out! My cousin lets his little sister use his I Pad 2, reluctantly, & the tunes she's made are good so he keeps them!
Hope this helps?
Regards,
Susie

Most reactions

Latest posts