What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaming and iPad Screen Durability ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe this question might have been answered earlier directly or indirectly but still makes me anxious when I think about it, so thought would re-confirm this. I dont prefer to use a Screen Protector on my iPad. If I download some games other than Car Racing like say Fifa-12 or any other shooting games like Frontline Commando which requires to control the game by your thumbs on both the sides of the screen. Now while playing the game in the intensity of playing that game :) one tends to get a little carried away and use the thumb a little more vigourously like pressing the screen with the thumb (Of Course this is not as hard so that it will break the screen) But yes this is to control the game so in doing so is there any possibility of there being any permanent scratches or any permanent marks of my thumb on the screen being left over ! I dont intend to put a screen protector in any case ( Not required IMHO)

is it ok to play games on the iPad with constant using and pressing of your thumb on the iPad screen for long durations ?

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you predicting this or speculating this that it will be fine ? :) or based on personal experience you can confidently say this that it is fine ? :confused:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vish26 said:
Are you predicting this or speculating this that it will be fine ? :) or based on personal experience you can confidently say this that it is fine ? :confused:

I've had my ipad for a year and a half. It's personal experience.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my ipad for a year and a half. It's personal experience.

Ok, And you are saying you have extensively used your iPad for Gaming the way I have described above ?And no damage to the screen so far ? Not even a Hairline kind of ?

CMvan46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vish26 said:
Ok, And you are saying you have extensively used your iPad for Gaming the way I have described above ?And no damage to the screen so far ? Not even a Hairline kind of ?

It's fine. Had the iPad for a while and an iPod touch for 4 years both of which are fine. If your that worried go to consoles or pc gaming...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad screen is built very differently from other regular Hi-Def LCD screens, it can withstand/hold against marks for a long period of time, I've been playing (intense) games like so, since the first iPhone and iPad went out. I agree with MoonlitSonata right there. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts