What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future of Magazine-style News Readers

heaton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you think is missing in Flipboard?

Instead of just an RSS reader with each feed being from one source, I'd like to be able to create topic-based "channels" where I can select a bunch of sources myself. This way I can specify many sources that map to one feed, and not end up with tons of feeds covering the same topic.

Do you think this would be useful or unnecessary? Zite does this to some extent, but it doesn't let you truly create custom channels with custom sources and custom keywords to search those sources.

Also, would you like other human "experts" picking articles for you? Or maybe see what your friends are reading and liking on the app?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heaton said:
What do you think is missing in Flipboard?

Instead of just an RSS reader with each feed being from one source, I'd like to be able to create topic-based "channels" where I can select a bunch of sources myself. This way I can specify many sources that map to one feed, and not end up with tons of feeds covering the same topic.

Do you think this would be useful or unnecessary? Zite does this to some extent, but it doesn't let you truly create custom channels with custom sources and custom keywords to search those sources.

Also, would you like other human "experts" picking articles for you? Or maybe see what your friends are reading and liking on the app?

More content pages, for sure! I used all mine up in the first week, even after deleting Oprah, GeekWeekly, et al. Also, a better way of finding feeds, a direct url input, say.

I use it to keep track of my art blogging friends, it's great for images - love the flickr interesting feed (don't particularly like flickr) - not as good for news only.

Sounds interesting what you do with feed sources. I'd be afraid of missing something in error by customising too much.

Human choices are good but I also like the randomness of StumbleUpon too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts