What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frozen book from kobo

lindal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi out there,
I'm a Canadian, and I've had my iPad for about 6 weeks, and have read a couple of dozen books on it (I'm a big reader), some free, some from iBooks, and some bought from Kobo. No problems until now, but the latest one I bought from Kobo has frozen on page 1, and I cannot navigate away or use Kobo in any way at all.
I can still read other books fine and the iPad is functioning fine in other respects.
Any suggestions for how to get out of Kobo? Was hoping to buy another few books from them this weekend, as I'm setting off traveling.
Linda

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
L

lindal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good suggestion twerppoet

Thank you for the suggestions. Have shut down and cleared the deep freeze. Hope the problem has been solved once and for all -- and will take your advice and do a regular shutdown. Poor WiFi reception where I am at present, which might have gummed up the works.
Appreciate your help.

Pieter, your problem sounds a whole lot worse...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PieterJ62 said:
Doesn't work for me. iTunes doesn't recognize my iPad.:(

If you have not done so you should start a thread with a more detailed description of your problem. You are likely to get more help that way.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts