What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Trouble w/ForumRunner

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed an anomaly with this forum when accessed through ForumRunner on my iPad and iPod Touch. I'm guessing the same issue will exist when my iPhone 4S arrives.

Under 'current' threads, there are 3 tabs. The 'Participated' tab only shows threads you start not the ones to which you've posted. Only iPhone/iPad forums have this problem, I've noticed so far. Also, they are the only forums in my list of 7 that have ads the bottom of the screen.

There were other ad related problems (pop-ups while selecting posts to read) which have been resolved and I appreciate that. Please fix this one too. Thank you.

OP
Beryl

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bumping in hopes the forum admin will at least acknowledge this problem.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed an anomaly with this forum when accessed through ForumRunner on my iPad and iPod Touch. I'm guessing the same issue will exist when my iPhone 4S arrives.

Under 'current' threads, there are 3 tabs. The 'Participated' tab only shows threads you start not the ones to which you've posted. Only iPhone/iPad forums have this problem, I've noticed so far. Also, they are the only forums in my list of 7 that have ads the bottom of the screen.

There were other ad related problems (pop-ups while selecting posts to read) which have been resolved and I appreciate that. Please fix this one too. Thank you.
Hi Beryl. I can confirm what you're seeing as being normal. Since we have our own iPad Forums App, our developers dedicate themselves to ensuring that it and our website interact seamlessly and are as user-friendly as possible.

ForumRunner is independent of the iPF of course and we really have no say over how they implement their app. I suspect a majority of the other forums you visit may not have their own apps and therefore their websites may interact with ForumRunner differently.

I'm happy to pass along your thoughts to our Administrators for review however.

In the meantime if you're using ForumRunner to access the iPF you can always view a list of all of your posts and/or threads you've started by tapping on "Profile" in the bottom toolbar. All of the threads/forums to which you're subscribed are listed under "Subscribed" in the same toolbar.

If you wish, you can download the free iPF App here:

App Store - Discussion Forum for iPad Users

Thanks very much and enjoy the forum!

OP
Beryl

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for replying and I now see why there is no motivation to fix this bug. .

Most reactions