What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For your viewing pleasure

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Ed62 - well since you are in 'Off Topic', just about anything should be OK! Those are some really beautiful color photos from the 1940s - I'm an immediate post-baby boomer so these predate me a few years! But enjoy - :)

Our son lives in Indianapolis - we'll be visiting him in November - always have a good time & find some excellent restaurants there! Dave

OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed them, Dave. We rarely get to Indy, so you probably know as much about it as I do. Hopefully you won't have to fight snow on your trip.

Ed

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed them, Dave. We rarely get to Indy, so you probably know as much about it as I do. Hopefully you won't have to fight snow on your trip.

Yes a potential problem (I grew up in Michigan) - we usually visit in the spring time (i.e. May-June) but since my retirement, my wife wants to seen him more that just once a year (he & his wife both work hard and have little time off) - will have an 'early' Thanksgiving dinner, the kind of one she used to make for him growing up here in Winston-Salem, NC - :)

OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will have an 'early' Thanksgiving dinner, the kind of one she used to make for him growing up here in Winston-Salem, NC - :)
We had 9 kids, and we haven't been hosting Thanksgiving for about 5 years, maybe more. It's never been the same at another person's home. :(

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Makes you appreciate the times we live in Now. We have clean water exotics foods, cable, a/c, iPad, cell phones, Internet, cars, health it's a much better life for all. Especially for people of color and women. Funny how people still continue to take their own life or alter their mind with drugs.
I guess having more "things" do not equate to happiness. Maybe simple is better.
Don get me wrong I don't want to give up anything.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts