What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you who think the iPad sucks...

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Go MS go!

Doubt I would get one, but you never know..... Shame they could not have been innovative and come out with a WinMo device first, and had an app store ready .... instead of playing catch up....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm forming a random group of hooligans to kick the living crap out of netbook users at Starbucks. Is that hard core enough?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How old is this, he is holding a the HP Slate that was killed.

Who wants to wait 1-4 minutes for a device to wake up???

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows 7 boots in less than 30 seconds on a solid state disk. You can probably flash it rom and make it instant on like the iPad. The Ipad takes well over a minute if you do a full boot up.

MS is capable of making a great tablet. They have many of the pieces already in place. Their handwriting recognition and searchable ink stuff is really great. They just need to commit real resources into making the experience touch and pend friendly. There are already some great tablets out there, but they are in the $2000-3000 price range.

I'm guessing we are a year away from seeing the real deal from MS. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my iPad and see where things are when the time comes to replace it. :)

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The instant on is what I like about the iPad, if I could get that with a Windows machine that would run Windows programs and be able to use usb and memory cards etc I would certainly take a look. But to me even 30 seconds is to long.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only one thing to say use by date in computers is 12 weeks. That means a new model will replace an old model.
By the time we see a win 7 solution is in fact most likely 4 generations old
One wonders what Apple has will have in 12 months just a point ok not am argument.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with Pallentx on this.
It's not so much the hardware as the software that will be critical.
My only worry is the emphasis on win7.

Apple's success comes through what it chooses to leave out and what it choses to concentrate on to achieve the best user experience.
Microsoft's approach is to give as many options as possible.
Since everything is a compromise between cost, usage, convenience etc., I suspect the latter approach will be reflected in the cost.

One thing I have enjoyed about the iPad has been it's lack of multitasking. I like to concentrate on what I'm doing without distraction and any background tasks can be done on another machine.

Most reactions