What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone on the fence about the camera connection kit

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works amazing! I got my new camera today, shot some quick pictures for a review about an iPad stand...popped out the SDHC card, popped it into the camera connection kit, plugged it in, started up the photos app and it asked if I wanted to import them.

Very easy to use, very nice, very compact, glad I spent the extra money to buy it from eBay so I have it in time for my trip to Germany.

I then opened up Flickrstacker and uploaded them directly to my Flickr account.

The whole process took maybe 1 minute.

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works amazing! I got my new camera today, shot some quick pictures for a review about an iPad stand...popped out the SDHC card, popped it into the camera connection kit, plugged it in, started up the photos app and it asked if I wanted to import them.

Very easy to use, very nice, very compact, glad I spent the extra money to buy it from eBay so I have it in time for my trip to Germany.

I then opened up Flickrstacker and uploaded them directly to my Flickr account.

The whole process took maybe 1 minute.

I got my kit in the mail today after a month on order....I agree with you! It works great! I have to try the flickr account though...I just put right into my album. The wait seems to be worth it...easier to use than the video connection kit.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12.1, its the Canon PowerShot SD780IS...tiny ass camera.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones who ordered the kit the first day it was available to order, so I got it weeks before I got my iPad. And now, I spend so much time doing other things on the iPad, that I haven't even taken it out of the box yet! Glad to know it works well and is there waiting when I need it.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to try it just to see and make sure everything would work ok when it came time to need it. Also by trying the SDHD one, I know it works and don't need to take my USB one with me to Germany.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12.1, its the Canon PowerShot SD780IS...tiny ass camera.

Alright, now this is getting weird, first the car, now this. I have the exact same camera, it came in different colors if I remember right, let me guess yours is red? Anyhow, nice little camera. And thanks for the review on the connection kit, I was on the fence, now going to order it up.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, mine is black as well. I just had to order a new charger for it, left the original in a hotel room.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, if only hotels could sell leftover chargers on ebay and feed the hungry, I know I've left my fair share.

Thanks for the review Matt, I really haven't heard a lot of info on them and now Im in more of a hurry to order one. I purchased a DSLR and I think it's going to pair up nicely for viewing photos out in the field and being able to view them instantly will really help the learning process of digital photography.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a "home video" I have the Canon HF S21 camera and hope the HD videos will play.

Very highly doubt it...depends on what format your camera saves in I guess. If it saves in avi or some other iPad unsupported format that obviously not.

planemechanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, if only hotels could sell leftover chargers on ebay and feed the hungry, I know I've left my fair share.

Thanks for the review Matt, I really haven't heard a lot of info on them and now Im in more of a hurry to order one. I purchased a DSLR and I think it's going to pair up nicely for viewing photos out in the field and being able to view them instantly will really help the learning process of digital photography.

Me too, but the next time you are at a hotel and forgot your cable just ask at the front desk. They will probably be happy to give you that someone else left behind. Might save you a few bucks.

Most reactions

Latest posts