What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folded keyboard, are they any good?

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had one I got on amazon. I think it was called the verbatim Bluetooth keyboard. I really liked it. The batteries lasted quite a long time and it was great to have a compact option.

Calvinard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a Protective Case with Embossed Surface for my iPad 2 from digitopz several month ago,this folder case works well and it was easy and convenience to use,maybe you can reference too.

OP
cadillac

cadillac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bookbinding.com.au
Yea I just had mine delivered and found it great, it is a Logitech one, I am a bookbinder and have just made a REAL leather case to hold it all together, very compact and gives me an option of just taking the iPad or with the keyboard. Thanks for your comments here is a pic of what I made P1040818.jpgP1040819.jpgP1040820.jpgP1040821.jpgP1040822.jpg

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a self-admitted keyboard snob. As such I'm very suspicious of most folding keyboards. After all, the keyboard has more moving parts than all other accessories you can add to the iPad put together. And moving parts are prone to failure. Once a single key fails to work on a keyboard, it's pretty much useless. For light typing use and for those who don't mind the cramped small form factor of most folding keyboards, they may work well. For those who are fast touch typists, those who use multiple keyboards (including full size ones), and those who type A LOT, I tend to be skeptical about the long term value of most folding keyboards.

Having said all that, the folding keyboard from Logitech may well be an exception. It's relatively expensive and heavy but it comes from a manufacturer that makes good, very durable keyboards and "unfolds" into a near full size keyboard. If I were in the market for a keyboard that can be combined with an iPad case, it would be the one I'd choose. As it is, I use the Apple Wireless Keyboard with the Origami Workstation keyboard case/stand. Requires a bag to hold both but the AWK is a very good and very durable keyboard so I'm happy. But the Logitech model looks to be an attractive alternative.

Susan001

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts