What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowchart???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a Flowchart application out there (for the iPad)? I do have a copy of iThought HD; however, that is mind mapping. It works great for developing projects for school; however, not so much with process development.

Any ideas???
iCrush

Rspencer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a solution for you iCrush but I am interested in an app that would provide the solution you are looking for.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll probably baulk at the price, but OmniGraffle is the best.

Cheers,

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Mac version, so I knew it would pretty much be what I was expecting. Whether the $49 is worth it to you, only you can answer. So far, it's the only real solution I've found for the iPad.

OP
I

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll probably baulk at the price, but OmniGraffle is the best.

Cheers,

I would not mind the price, if I export it to a PC application like Visio. It does what I am looking for, I am just a PC person not a Mac person.

iCrush

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you ever try this? I've been tasked with a side project mapping a process at work and I'd like to do some of the work on my iPad. Instaviz seems too primitive (it seems to only do oblongs and rectangles), Omnigraffle seems like overkill (also it doesn't appear to take advantage of the iPad and let you draw the shapes - you just select them from menus).

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Did you ever try this? I've been tasked with a side project mapping a process at work and I'd like to do some of the work on my iPad. Instaviz seems too primitive (it seems to only do oblongs and rectangles), Omnigraffle seems like overkill (also it doesn't appear to take advantage of the iPad and let you draw the shapes - you just select them from menus).
I'm missing something here epb. I can understand what you don't like, but I don't see the "this" that you referred to in your post.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm missing something here epb. I can understand what you don't like, but I don't see the "this" that you referred to in your post.

I was referring to iCrush's last post about OmniGraffle.

Last edited:

mboff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out inFlowchart at the App Store.
It's a very well designed and easy to use app, focused on flowcharts, that is only a fraction of OmniGraffle's price.

Vichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a Flowchart application out there (for the iPad)? I do have a copy of iThought HD; however, that is mind mapping. It works great for developing projects for school; however, not so much with process development.

Any ideas???
iCrush

Take a look at TouchDraw for iPad - more than just FlowCharts, but it seems to work well and has regular updates - $6.99

Vichon

internetjunkiii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey iCrush, I found Cubetto to be a great tool. It it pricey (US-$ 30) but the developer has a flowchart only version which is about a third of the price of Cubetto. But I was mentioning Cubetto since you specifically named process development and Cubetto has a number of modeling languages, including BPMN, Flowchart, UML and Event-driven Process Chains. Hope this helps.

junki

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this thread is almost 2 years old and the OP has likely found their answer or has moved on and hasn't been active in almost a year, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts