What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Video Discover App

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi ! I'm new on this forum and afraid I need a bit of help ;) Has anyone bought on the app store Flash Video Discover ? I did and it seems absolutely useless ...:mad: Does it work for any of you ? Have I been ripped off ? TIA

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ! I'm new on this forum and afraid I need a bit of help ;) Has anyone bought on the app store Flash Video Discover ? I did and it seems absolutely useless ...:mad: Does it work for any of you ? Have I been ripped off ? TIA

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I was sorry to hear of your experience with this app. I've not tried it personally, but I'm sure you'll soon get feedback from other Forum members. If you consider there is an issue with this app, you can contact Apple support once you've received the invoice with that app charged on it (they need the reference number) and they may be able to help, or even offer a refund.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad. Most app developers are responsible people and Apple thoroughly checks out the apps beforehand (though not, I believe, for core functionality).

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Tim
Scotland

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Tim and thank you for your warm welcome !

I really love my ipad...I didn't buy the 3G to avoid the big fees for subscription in France ,where I live, but got a MiFi that I use with a prepaid card . The device is unlocked so hopefully I can use it the same way when abroad.

I did contact Apple support when I got the invoice...now it's wait and see ;-)

Cheers from Paris.

Miller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yptcn said:

I did the same thing... And no, it doesn't work. I did send an email to Apple to report it as fraud, but I have yet to see a reply (or a refund). However you'll notice they've pulled the app.

This should be entertaining... But I really just want my 10 bucks back. If Apple won't do it, I'll dispute the charge with my credit card co.

-miller

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I was sorry to hear of your experience with this app. I've not tried it personally, but I'm sure you'll soon get feedback from other Forum members. If you consider there is an issue with this app, you can contact Apple support once you've received the invoice with that app charged on it (they need the reference number) and they may be able to help, or even offer a refund.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad. Most app developers are responsible people and Apple thoroughly checks out the apps beforehand (though not, I believe, for core functionality).

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you donÂ’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim

Its me again. I have been recommended to try Cloud Browse as a way of getting around the Flash Player problem but can't locate it anywhere. Any ideas??

Woody

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITS ME DAVID said:
In the app store just seen it search cloud browse

Not on my IPad it isn't! Have tried all combinations. My iPad is UK sourced - wonder if that makes a difference???

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't tried the app you are talking about but just downloaded iSwifter from the app store and it gives me flash functionality on web sites which I couldn't access previously and it's free......the word woohoo comes to mind!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't tried the app you are talking about but just downloaded iSwifter from the app store and it gives me flash functionality on web sites which I couldn't access previously and it's free......the word woohoo comes to mind!

I tried this last night and it does impress although unfortunately you can't access Flash content on the BBC website due to the iSwifter servers being in another region so the browser appears to the BBC as coming from a different country. If they could offer localisation it would be a complete win imho.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
I tried this last night and it does impress although unfortunately you can't access Flash content on the BBC website due to the iSwifter servers being in another region so the browser appears to the BBC as coming from a different country. If they could offer localisation it would be a complete win imho.

I just tried it on the BBC site and watched a couple of videos on their news pages

Sent from my iPad using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
donka said:

I just tried it on the BBC site and watched a couple of videos on their news pages

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hmmm, could you possibly try the BBC Sport site and try one of the videos under football like a highlights or interview please? Something that is localised to UK.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Hmmm, could you possibly try the BBC Sport site and try one of the videos under football like a highlights or interview please? Something that is localised to UK.

The pain of it all......I had to listen to Drogba and watch Wenger.....the sound wasn't there on the Wenger video, not sure why, maybe needed a refresh but watched both videos for as long as I could stand having them on my screen!

The Archangel

Quazie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4od and itv player don't work though. I'll keep searching I suppose

Most reactions