What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all and thank you so long for your help.

I have my iPAD for almost 2 weeks now but have noticed that it does not support Flash player. Any advice on this, please?

Regards,
Deon

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best option to view flash content is to use the app SplasHTop and view it from a PC on a LAN.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are third party browsers that sort of play flash (puffin, iswifter etc) but none of them work particularly well.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some third-party browser around that 'sort of' support Flash, by hosting it on the developer's website and then streaming it to your iPad. These give variable results, depending upon the website or video you're trying to watch. Look at iSwifter (free, limited viewing time version available so you can try-before-you-buy) and Puffin - though there are many others.

If you want to see Apple's official line on Flash, have a look here

Thoughts on Flash

There are numerous threads on iPad Forum about this issue, so have a 'Search' and read some of the Member's thoughts and solutions.

Tim

Reaction score
Hi all and thank you so long for your help.

I have my iPAD for almost 2 weeks now but have noticed that it does not support Flash player. Any advice on this, please?

Regards,
Deon

Here we go again...

A sticky may have prevented this thread but since it's here be nice.
I use Puffin browser for Flash but it depends on what you are doing with it. The story about Macho Mans death played fine for me this morning but many state that videos are choppy or worse. I guess I've just been fortunate or use it during slow periods of traffic

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be a big issue. It hasn't been, for me at least.

1. Many sites are HTML5 coded now.
2. Many sites that would need flash have free, dedicated apps that work w/o Flash.
3. Skyfire (and some other browsers that I haven't tried) are adequate workarounds for situations not covered by the first two.

YMMV, of course.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two weeks! I've contacted Guinness book of records and they seem really interested...;)

sorry, I'm kidding - try ''Splashtop'' if you have a pc or mac. Dead easy to set up. you can control your pc remotely from the iPad and stream flash content reasonably well - better than Puffin and iSwifter any way.

There are also a few other advantages to accessing your PC remotely apart from watching flash.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - another vote from me for Splashtop. The latest release now allows you to access your PC not only from your local WiFi network but from, literally, anywhere in the world. As the previous poster mentioned, it's really easy to set up - no complex router reconfigurations, port forwarding or anything like that. You simply need to have a gmail email account - you tell both the iPad app and the remote free client that runs on your PC this gmail address and, somehow, by magic, it finds your PC. It's only supposed to be an experimental feature, but it works just fine. So you can now 'remotely' watch Flash content on your PC as long as you've a reasonable Internet connection, which you'd need for iSwifter or Puffin in any case.

Highly recommended.

Tim

Reaction score
I think this is a duh question but I'm a duh kind if fellow so...
Does the pc need to be running to use splashtop? Can you change the website and stuff from the ipad or does it just stream what you set up on the desktop? Iow is it a Puffin/iswifter type server just using my desktop instead?
I had Orb on my desktop and an old dumbphone that streamed media I gave it access to on my desktop(music, pictures, videos, etc) but the only "live" thing it would stream was radio and I wasn't comfortable leaving my desktop on all the time back then.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here we go again...

A sticky may have prevented this thread but since it's here be nice.

And if a thread title bothers you, don't open it.:)

I don't know. That theory works well most often for many threads but likely not for this one.
This is a subject well beaten down and one with many threads addressing it. I think I would have probably made the same "here we go again" comment.
It is no different than the "should I put a screen protector?" one.

robertlc said:
Here we go again...

Thanx for the reply.

See above.

I think Tim made a great recommendation that should apply to anyone on any forum.
Search is your friend and if unable to use it for some reason, paging through the thread titles in the forum will certainly yield results.

Most reactions

Latest posts