What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player / SplashTop

Irina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a version of Flash player available for iPad? I need it to run a browser game application.

Thanks
Irina

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adding a word of caution about iSwifter.

They just updated the app and yeah, it's free to download. BUT - you get a 7-day trial period and then it's $2.99/month (USD) for web browsing or $4.99/month for game playing. It's now subscription-based.

It looks as if it's on the same theory as the AT&T data plan, as in, pay for a month, don't pay, pay, etc.... I understand a pop-up appears and you decide to pay with your iTunes account/password.

I haven't decided if it's worth it yet (though I've never had a problem, as an occasional user, accessing flash web sites). Of course, YMMV.

Just wanted the OP to know...no free no mo!

Marilyn

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a version of Flash player available for iPad? I need it to run a browser game application.

Thanks
Irina

What flash game application are you wanting to run? There have been many popular flash games converted to iOS apps.

Reaction score
Check out the free version of Splashtop before buying a browser. It might just be what you seek

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the free version of Splashtop before buying a browser. It might just be what you seek

Support Our Troops!!

Has Splashtop come up with an easy way to access your computer using 3g yet?

By easy I mean not having to do all that forwarding mumbo jumbo.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition, for Splashtop, have they updated the part where you can't sign in if you require a sign-in on your PC?

If my machine is logged off, I cannot access it via Splashtop (doesn't see it). Even if I use the Gmail remote access part.

One remote access I would recommend is Jump. I've been able to connect to my PC via WiFi or 3G.

As always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

Yes - absolutely they have and it's MAGIC!! OK - the very latest version has an experimental feature - you simply tell it your gmail address. Then you need the latest version too of the PC client and you need to tell that too your gmail address.

And - then - the magic starts....it simply 'finds' your PC....

I have a PC running Vista on a home WiFi network on ADSL behind a firewall. I thought, this is too good to be true....

So, I install the latest version of Splashtop - enable the experimental feature - give it my gmail address. I download the latest - and you do need the lates - version of their desktop client and give it my gmail address.

So - off I go to Starbucks to give it a try...not expecting it to work, of course!!

Sitting down with my Venti Skinny Cappuccino....(chocolate on the top, too!)

Fire up Splashtop - yeh, right - this is going to work - sure!!

Ah - carumba - 5 seconds later it's found my PC....

OK - press the icon....wow - I'm in...brilliant...

So, no port forwarding or any of that 'mumbo jumbo' - it may be an 'experimental feature' but it works 100% for me...

Brilliant..

Tim

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

Yes - absolutely they have and it's MAGIC!! OK - the very latest version has an experimental feature - you simply tell it your gmail address. Then you need the latest version too of the PC client and you need to tell that too your gmail address.

And - then - the magic starts....it simply 'finds' your PC....

I have a PC running Vista on a home WiFi network on ADSL behind a firewall. I thought, this is too good to be true....

So, I install the latest version of Splashtop - enable the experimental feature - give it my gmail address. I download the latest - and you do need the lates - version of their desktop client and give it my gmail address.

So - off I go to Starbucks to give it a try...not expecting it to work, of course!!

Sitting down with my Venti Skinny Cappuccino....(chocolate on the top, too!)

Fire up Splashtop - yeh, right - this is going to work - sure!!

Ah - carumba - 5 seconds later it's found my PC....

OK - press the icon....wow - I'm in...brilliant...

So, no port forwarding or any of that 'mumbo jumbo' - it may be an 'experimental feature' but it works 100% for me...

Brilliant..

Tim

You make it sound so unreal.

For real it works?

Next question: Does this new feature only work with PC or is there a Mac option as well?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For real it works - OSX Lion - there's a free (5 minute viewing time) version - so you've nothing to loose..

PS - I have no commercial interest in the developer...

Tim

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I took advantage of the pricing for Splashtop a couple of nights ago. We were just awed by how easily and how well it works. Still haven't fully recovered. :D

Most reactions