What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player again on ipad 2 ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled flash player on macpro work station-installed flash player 10.3-
videos play fine on work station-I try to play videos on IPAD2 and it keeps telling me I need to install flash player 9.
Anyon got a cure for this ? Maybe its missing from the ipad 2 wheen it was set up at apple before shipping. just a stab in the dark.
Sure would be nice to get the problem cured. I am calling Apple next Monday-Tues. to see if they can fix. Ps. I did re sync ipad2 to macpro wk. sta.
Thanks in advance
Dickster-------

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad does not support Flash. At all. You'd have to jailbreak it to install a flash player.

EDIT: I also don't know if you can jailbreak the iPad2 yet. I had my iPad1 JB'd, but decided NOT to jb the iPad2.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I uninstalled flash player on macpro work station-installed flash player 10.3-
videos play fine on work station-I try to play videos on IPAD2 and it keeps telling me I need to install flash player 9.
Anyon got a cure for this ? Maybe its missing from the ipad 2 wheen it was set up at apple before shipping. just a stab in the dark.
Sure would be nice to get the problem cured. I am calling Apple next Monday-Tues. to see if they can fix. Ps. I did re sync ipad2 to macpro wk. sta.
Thanks in advance
Dickster-------

Yeah...call apple sounds like they forgot to setup something......PSYCHE....jay kayin'.....Lulz...

Flash is not supported on iPad 1 or 2 or ANY iDevice.
There are 3rd party browsers in order to watch flash....try:
Skyfire web browser
Cloud browse
ISwifter
Which hosts the contents on their servers for you to watch...you should be on wifi when using.

Or some RDP apps like:
Splashtop

ipad does not support Flash. At all. You'd have to jailbreak it to install a flash player.

EDIT: I also don't know if you can jailbreak the iPad2 yet. I had my iPad1 JB'd, but decided NOT to jb the iPad2.

Even when jb...flash won't work...too clunky and a battery drainer on mobile devices...

I've had my iPad for 6months+ and have yet to find a need for flash.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't resist. :D
Poison_Apple9agDetail.png

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash player cartoon---love it !!! Vary funny !!!! Wish he had given me the answer before his demise !
DICKSTER

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can Flash be installed on a jailbroken device? I didn't think Flash was available for iOS devices at all?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can Flash be installed on a jailbroken device? I didn't think Flash was available for iOS devices at all?

No, Flash does not work on Jailbroken devices either. ;)

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see Blackberry are playing on this in their new tv ad for their new PlayBook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions