What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash or Frash for iPad 4.3?

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some searching and googling and have not been able to figure out if there is a working version of Flash (Frash) for iPad 4.3

I found both Frash 0.01 and Frash 0.02 and tried them both but keep getting an error, and googling the error didn't help me either.

I want to watch flash video from Atomic browser (or Safari browser).

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, Frash really doesnt work so well. Google iPad browser with flash. There are a couple that work marginally well skyfire and iswifter are popular but nothin is perfect.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks... will check those out!

EDIT:
iSwifter is incredibly SLOOOW as a browser and the flash didn't seem to work (and it is also subscription based).
Skyfire is now called Flamenet and the flash did not work on it either.

Last edited:

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks... will check those out!

EDIT:
iSwifter is incredibly SLOOOW as a browser and the flash didn't seem to work (and it is also subscription based).
Skyfire is now called Flamenet and the flash did not work on it either.

What? Sky fire is called sky fire. Where are you seeing flamenet?

Sky fire works, sort of, for some things, marginally. You can't fast forward, rewind, AirPlay, etc, etc. A ton of content doesn't work, and that which does is a toss up as to if it will work well enough to even mildly enjoy.

The best solution is Splashtop Desktop, a solid wifi connection, and a lot of patience. It's the best solution for ANY mobile tablet. The promise if flash made by every android tablet or the Playbook has fallen flat.

Flash on anything other than a full, real computer might work-ish, but no. Just, no.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flamenet is a browser in cydia that used to be called sky fire. Sky fire in the app store only works on some videos. It works by encoding the video in html5 in realtime, then sending it to your device.

Shadowbeing98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cloud browse

Cloud browse is another app u can get for free in the app store. And loads all of the flash videos that I know of

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cloud Browse is actually $2.99 but looks promising.

EDIT: I take that back ... $2.99 only includes 10 minutes of browsing per session. You have to upgrade to monthly subscription to get unlimited browsing. On the current version it has 233 reviews, 119 of which are only 1 star, and for all versions it has 3348 ratings of which 1938 are 1 star! Looks like a red flag to me saying "Do not buy this browser!"

Last edited:

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cloud browse is not good. I like puffin better.
Other option is xbmc, for some things its quality is amazing.
Not an easy set up though but with 1/2 of research you should be up and running. This is my choice.

Most reactions

Latest posts