What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five-Dollar iPad Stand Aims to Raise Money for Charity

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

We’re well used to hearing plenty of stories that revolve around the iPad and big business, so it’s refreshing when you hear about a much more individual and small-scale iPad project, such as this project by Evansville, Indiana, resident, Tim Piazza to sell a simple, five-dollar iPad stand that he designed himself, with 20% of the proceeds going to one of several charities that the buyer can select themselves from a list. Each of the charities has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, indicating that the majority of their spending goes to the programs and services they exist to provide.

Tim designed the stand, which is called the Ezzyl, as a simple easel that holds the iPad upright on a flat surface. It’s stain-resistant, durable and rigid, and weighs less than an ounce. The stands are available in black, silver and white, and can be purchased online at Ezzyl, where you’ll also find Tim’s blog all about the project.

"I kept asking myself if there was something I could do to help others that would leverage my creativity and computer skills," Piazza says. "I hope that by making and selling products on the internet, I can do more than if I volunteered or gave donations."

Source: Tim Piazza

Most reactions

Latest posts