What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally-the perfect iPad 2 back cover

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really liked my Joy Factory case, but it did leave large areas of the sides exposed, and I got tired of co-workers teasing me over the giant "JOY" logo on the back corner. Fortunately I can sell it to a friend and buy this...

CANVAS for iPad 2 - SwitchEasy

The CoverBuddy covers the whole back accept for slits for the speaker and access points, it has better corner coverage, comes in clear or colors, and has no giant logo in the corner. And $3 S&H! Looks like the perfect clear, thin cover.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how it is when it comes in

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The CoverBuddy came in today. This is the most impressive clear back cover I've seen. It feels more substantial without adding more weight since it wraps around and covers the entire back and sides of the ipad (except for access points, camera and speaker of course.)

It offers much better coverage than my clear Joy cover did. The corners wrap around completely and the ends of the iPad 2 is no longer left exposed with no protection. The CoverBuddy is also more comfortable to hold while reading as it doesn't have those sharp edges where the corner protection ends abruptly on the Joy cover.

And, no more giant white JOY logo on the back! :)

alemito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best back protection for iPad 2 is the Invisible SHIELD back coverage. No Doubt!

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like the canvas for the ipad 2 a lot. I just bought a joyfactory before i realized this came out. I am still happy with the joy one i got, its very thing and i actually like the logo.

Not sure why everyone is against logos on clear cases, thats like asking apple not to put their logo on their product. Its just what companies do. The only way i would not like it is if it covered up apples logo.

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like the canvas for the ipad 2 a lot. I just bought a joyfactory before i realized this came out. I am still happy with the joy one i got, its very thing and i actually like the logo.

Not sure why everyone is against logos on clear cases, thats like asking apple not to put their logo on their product. Its just what companies do. The only way i would not like it is if it covered up apples logo.

Logos on clear cases are fine as far as I'm concerned. The logo on the back of the CoverBuddy is etched (no paint), small and tasteful. I just don't think a large white "JOY" on the iPad 2 was part of Jonathan Ive's planned esthetic. :)

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The joy logo doesn't really bother me, who looks at the back anyway??

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tarkio, just ordered one. They are out of a few of the colors but I got a grey one which is the same color as my smart cover so it worked out :D I like this design because it actually protects the speaker area, a lot of the other ones I looked at had that whole area open.

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Logos on clear cases are fine as far as I'm concerned. The logo on the back of the ClearBuddy is etched (no paint), small and tasteful. I just don't think a large white "JOY" on the iPad 2 was part of Jonathan Ive's planned esthetic. :)

what if he is a very JOYful person :D

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oohhh...me like...

Especially the clear one! I have a black TPU case that's similar (I got it for $15 shipped via eBay), though I really like clear for the back to show off the iPad's beautiful body. I have a navy blue leather Smart Cover.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score

John Daerson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back covers are must for ipads, recently i had came across the colored ones, dey were really attractive and were transparent, which i had bought was Targus polyurethane so bit more rigidity than silicon....anyways works great and solving the desired purpose..:)

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been waiting on my Enki case, but they are taking forever. If they don't ship by tomorrow I am cancelling it.

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Oohhh...me like...

Especially the clear one! I have a black TPU case that's similar (I got it for $15 shipped via eBay), though I really like clear for the back to show off the iPad's beautiful body.
Then you might like this clear back cover for less than $11:
CLEAR HARD SMART COVER COMPATIBLE CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 - eBay (item 220775375700 end time May-26-11 12:18:40 PDT)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

That cover is similar to the Joy cover in that it leaves the entire end of the iPad and the speaker area exposed to dings. On 3G models that's the end that has the 3G antenna which is covered in plastic. Not a great place to leave unprotected from scratches. The CoverBuddy covers the whole area except for a tiny hole for the mic.

Most reactions

Latest posts