What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally have iCloud set, now... How do I reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the newest iPad, 3 if you feel the need... Anyway. Finally broke down, made a new Apple ID to run just the iCloud portions... And now need to reset the iPad as I can not remember the restriction code... In fact, I do not even remember setting it... So! Now that I am backed up, can someone point me in the direction of resetting? I could guess, but would rather not!

Thanks so much!

OP
Stacey Sheppard

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Wasn't this the original issue that you had from your previous post created?

If you have forgotten your restriction code, please see this: iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

I want to reset my iPad. No one responding on the other just private messages worth nothing. And no, I have not used all the codes. I dont want to lock it out as I need to be able to get here to find out what to do. I'm sorry if you think I overly posted, but no one has this topic going, and I couldn't find information by the search bar. If I'm a pain, please ignore me and I'm sure someone will come along to nicely help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The supplied link has the answer. If you can not remember the paacode you will have to restore the iPad: a major pain. Stiil, if security were easy to bypass it would be pontless. You'll have to do a clean restore, unless you last backup predates the setting of the restiction passcode.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stacey Sheppard said:
I want to reset my iPad. No one responding on the other just private messages worth nothing. And no, I have not used all the codes. I dont want to lock it out as I need to be able to get here to find out what to do. I'm sorry if you think I overly posted, but no one has this topic going, and I couldn't find information by the search bar. If I'm a pain, please ignore me and I'm sure someone will come along to nicely help.

I am sorry that you thought the previous responses were "nothing" in your other posts, but I feel that the responses were actually very good in helping you out.

You have now been given all the information that has been offered. In fact, a long standing member, Twerppoet has also re-iterated the Restore Method as as what the link indicated in my post.

Also, as a reminder-please do not create multiple posts here. I have looked at your previous posts and there are similar posts which ask the same question. This becomes very confusing for members who have helped you only to find that it wasn't the thread they responded to earlier. Creating multiple threads only hinders your ability for help. Multiple postings on the same/close to same topic is against the Forum Rules. Please be advised that this is a warning.

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts