What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally an untethered jailbreak for the ipad 2 running ios 5.01 but...

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I did a search after updating my os from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 and the jailbreak worked. I was thrilled because I heard that iOS 5.0.1 had some great features. I was very disappointed though to find out that safari would not work at all on my iPad 2 any more. It crashes every time not on occasion as others report. It didn't even work once since the upgrade.

Does anybody know if there is a cydia source for a suitable browser that supports downloads like safari did using the download enabler. I miss the downloads and am not too happy with any of the browsers available using the app store through apple.

Thank you for any help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is a problem that cannot be fixed by a reboot, then you MUST restore. Safari is absolutely a core component of your iPad. If it has become corrupted somehow, no alternative app will cut it. You need to fix the problem with a restore and re-jailbreak.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks rambler iCal works great.

As far as safari not working at all I disabled safari download enabler and safari is working again.

I guess I will be using iCal to download until safari download enabler is fixed to work on iOS 5.0.1

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Icab is amazing! :) from Dropbox / download manager, swipe / gestures and a heap of settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts