What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File Sharing, not file transfer

Terryfic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to my iPad and am trying to figure out how to enable it to share files with my PC (Win 7). It is important to be able to modify the file on either platform. A cloud solution would be fine as long as it doesn't require me to move the file from its current location on my PC (like into a separate directory set up specifically for that cloud).

Thanks!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You couldn't use a cloud solution without moving the file into the cloud, that's the whole point, it's not local storage anymore but stored on the Internet so it can be accessed anywhere by lots of different devices.

OP
T

Terryfic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh - DUH!

I suppose that using a cloud could work, since Internet service is more universal and dependable than in the past.

That would work for some files, but others are stored in a nicely organized fashion on my computer's hard drive. If I move them, it won't be easy to find them. Perhaps all I need is access to my computer's hard drive when it is necessary to pull up a file from there.

Would you recommend a remote desktop app for that or is there a better way?

Tachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
remote access

I use GoToMyPC which works very well. Of course, that is not free - on your host PC. The access App is free. You install GoToMyPC on your host PC, and then I can access that PC from anywhere in the world with any machine, including the iPad2, that supports access to the Web.

Most reactions

Latest posts