What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Figured it was time I registered

L

Lunar

Hi people... I've had a iPad one 64gb 3g for a year now, and absolutely love it, one of my toys that really does get a lot of use.

This site is not a stranger to me, as I've have been lurking and having a browse of the messages, picking up a few hints from time to time..lol
but figured it was probably time I actually registered and maybe contributed.

Well as you know the new iPad 3 was released here in the UK yesterday March 16th, and I did something I always vowed I would never do, and that was to queue for something, and yesterday morning you guessed it, I travelled 55 miles with my wife and joined the queues to purchase a new iPad 3 64gb 4G.

Im a retired pensioner, so getting on in years, (but with 30yr history in computers) so for me to break this lifetime tradition, I suppose shows how foolish/how keen I was on getting one, and to be honest it combined in a whole days shopping for my wife and I, so we had quite a nice day out as well. There were probably 400 people queueing in total, but the Apple staff were very good, organised it well, and in some ways was a little fun I suppose, also handing out hot/cold drinks donuts and other goodies..lol.
:D
Anyway... thats a wee intro covering yesterday, I will save any other thoughts and comments for the forum pages, and look forwards to a bit of iPad banter. :)

Thanks guys

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Lunar-so glad that you joined us! Wonderful intro about yourself. I am sure that you will be able to help other members out with your experience!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5 Guideline Manual. iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
Forum rules - everybody please read!!

OP
L

Lunar

Thank you.. mate, I have a history of programing too, tho mainly PC, assembler, C/C++ but funny enough have been dabbling with Apples SDK tools and attempting to write a daft small app.. one might say more as part of the learning process. One of the benefits of retirement is the obvious gaining of more spare time, well thats the theory anyway, but I actually seem to more busy these days than before I retired. You have to keep the brain working albeit what little there is left in my case..ie. use it or lose it springs to mind..lol

Cheers mate... off to read the rules.. tho I don't expect them to be too much different from several other forums I am a member of, but AIS off to read them now..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts