What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Launches iOS Stratocaster Exclusively in Apple Store

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

9to5 Mac today reports on Fender’s new Squire Stratocaster guitar, which has just gone on sale exclusively in the Apple Store, for $199.95. As well as having a regular ¼-inch output, the guitar also has a Type Mini-B USB connector, and comes with two cables to enable you to connect your guitar either via USB or directly to your iPhone, Mac, iPod touch, or iPad. 9to5 Mac notes that the cable provided with the guitar is an old-style 30-pin cable, so if you have one of the current generation of iOS devices with the Lightning connector, you’ll have to splash out on an adaptor as well as the guitar. You’ll also get a 3.5mm headphone jack and a headphone amp to enable you to monitor the processed guitar signal directly from the guitar. As 9to5 says, this is obviously aimed at Garageband for iOS, but it will also work with Mac or PC, or just as a good old-fashioned guitar on its own!

Source: Fender launches new $199 Squier USB Stratocaster for iOS devices exclusively at the Apple Store | 9to5Mac

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It must be popular, it's now listed as out of stock in the Apple online store.

djpuzzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazy! So glad I stopped by here. So this is basically a real Squire with a USB port? haha Well, hey I guess it makes sense. Funny it's for sale at the Apple Store. Good for Fender, I'm sure that will help boost business.

Most reactions

Latest posts