What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fed Ex Breaking Estimated Delivery

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you all think that Fed Ex will pass their estimated delivery date? I know a bunch of us are still waiting for our iPads to leave Hong Kong and I know for me at least the delivery date is drawing near (wed). What do you think?

Mei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I hope it miraculously makes it from Hong Kong to California in 24 hours! :D

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's on it's way and that maybe it just got missed being scanned when leaving Lantau Island. Is that wishful thinking? Otherwise, how will it ever get to me by Wednesday.

24fanatics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine got to Honk Kong earlier today. Scheduled for delivery Thursday.

I guess we shall see what happens.

Hong Kong - Anchorage - Memphis - Nashville - Me....no problem.:D:D

kentsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, delivered today. Awesome,so much faster and display has better viewing angles which no one mentioned.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came 2 days earlier than the estimate last week. Estimated on the 17th, came on the 15th.

But I've seen on other forums people getting there's a day later than the estimate.

The estimate is just that--and estimate. They tend to deliver on or before them, but they miss it sometimes if something misses a plane (plane is too full) or gets held in customs etc.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx is stating on their website that the Japan earthquake is delaying shipments.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple paid for the cheapest delivery and FedEx is going to wait until the very last minute before it has to make the delivery promise that Apple has set up.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was scheduled to be delivered March 22. Arrived this morning after leaving China March 18. Maybe they caught a tailwind...

ironace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember to use Yahoo's Small Business site to track you shipments:

FedEx Package Tracking - Yahoo! Small Business

It updates much faster/often then FedEx.com believe it or not!

Here are screen caps from the two sites of the same tracking number and it's path thus far.

Attachments

• ipad2.jpg
    ipad2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,075
  • ipad2 fedex.com.jpg
    ipad2 fedex.com.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 793

Mei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember to use Yahoo's Small Business site to track you shipments:

FedEx Package Tracking - Yahoo! Small Business

It updates much faster/often then believe it or not!

Here are screen caps from the two sites of the same tracking number and it's path thus far.

Thanks for the tip!! I remember seeing this on the forums while I was waiting for my iPad to be shipped, but I forgot about it.

It really does have more information. The regular Fed Ex tracking hasn't updated, but on the Yahoo page it says:
2011-03-22 13:06:00 Left FedEx Ramp CHEK LAP KOK

I don't know what that means, but hey, it moved. :eek:

OP
S

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo says mine has Left Fed Ex Ramp in Lantau Island but Fed Ex still says that it is in Hong Kong. I sure hope it has finally left! Thanks for the link though, it really helps!

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed FedEx at [email protected] with my tracking#, asking why my ipad was sitting in Lantau, here is their response:

Thank you for contacting FedEx Social Media Customer Service for information on your shipment. I am delighted to assist you. I have researched your tracking number. Apple, the shipper has chosen International Economy Service (which is not a Priority service). The freight moves based on space availability with a delivery commitment of 5 to 7 business days. Your shipment is set to depart Lantau Island, HK today. It is still on course to arrive by March 24, pending there are no delays clearing customs in Anchorage , AK. I hope this information is helpful. Have a great Spring week!

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the yahoo site and it shows the exact same thing as fedex.com :( Still sitting there. Probably being held hostage by a Motorola Xoom.... :D

Most reactions

Latest posts