What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

features in next ipad version??

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No one knows except. Steve jobs so there is no answer to your question . Rumors persist however they are rumors not until the product is released by Apple will you know all inwill say it will be a big advance on the current iPad as thatl has been proven on past releases of products from Apple.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopeful there will be real Multi Tasking on all applications not only the music.
Hope the Safari will have Tabs.
More Book shelves. I want one Magazine bookshelf for me, and one for my wife.
Where and how can I hide those Magazines I don't want my kids to see ?
Bottom line evry one can dream up some ideas. At Apple they probably have hundreds or thousands of nice to have stuff for next iPAD2

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few things are very likely. A forward facing camera is #1 due to the push for FaceTime with all Apple mobile devices. It will be thinner and lighter due to thinner glass. Most predict a higher resolution screen, but probably not up to iPhone 4 resolution. Apple is a signee to the manufacturers resolution to go to the mini-USB charging standard, and it will be required in Europe very soon, so expect some form of that, but it may not have any other functions besides charging.

Other possibilities are a front facing camera, a faster processor, and more RAM. I would guess that there are a lot of software upgrades that will have the most significance to users.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems for developers is supporting the three different resolutions currently available. If Apple adds yet another display resolution it will have to provide developers a way to handle the change without having to change all of their assets. Plus the need for more RAM and a faster more expensive video chip set.

For those reasons I do not believe Apple will make any significant changes to the display next year.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few things are very likely. A forward facing camera is #1 due to the push for FaceTime with all Apple mobile devices. It will be thinner and lighter due to thinner glass. Most predict a higher resolution screen, but probably not up to iPhone 4 resolution. Apple is a signee to the manufacturers resolution to go to the mini-USB charging standard, and it will be required in Europe very soon, so expect some form of that, but it may not have any other functions besides charging.

Other possibilities are a front facing camera, a faster processor, and more RAM. I would guess that there are a lot of software upgrades that will have the most significance to users.

The iPad we have now is 1024x768, iPhone 4 is 960x640. So we already have a higher resolution screen, but it doesn't look like it due to screen size difference. It does need a bump up in resolution though to keep up with the higher resolution tablets coming in early 2011.

OP
A

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
hi..all thanx for replying..i really feel that apple should ask for suggestions before launching the next version..what do you say??

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously Apple spends a lot of time and money on market research and analysis. At the present time, they have a net worth of over $222 billion dollars which puts them ahead of Microsoft with a puny net worth of only $219 billion dollars. As a matter of fact, their net worth is even greater than the GDP of the entire country of Ireland! Taking all of these things into consideration, it would appear as if the marketing people at One Infinite Loop are doing their job quite well without our input!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah in house testing by geeks sure beats fan fantasies.....

The great selling point for tablets is their portability and speed.
Once they start trying to emulate desktop machines with complex functions and software, most of these advantages would be lost.

Be careful what you wish for ....

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what about file attachments in Mail ?????
I think it is about time.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next generation iPad was fully mandated a long time ago. The only way it could have changed was some amazing new discovery that was found two months ago, or whatever lead time they needed to find a supplier and incorporate it into the design. There are two ways that changes are made. Surveys of users and design technicians who promote the different criteria the would like are the initial method. Then it goes to the technicians who fabricate the various test mules, which then go out into the real world among a few trusted testers. At any point, flaws will be corrected, and bad components replaced or eliminated.

I also have doubts about two cameras. Front facing is useful. Rear facing is not practical. There are reports of a built in gyroscope with the next unit, and that may open possibilities.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tabbed browsing etc...wouldn't that come in when a new iOS update is launched? Just like "find text in webpages" was in iOS 4.2?

Most reactions