What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fb contact sync/iMessage issue

KCRN12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up an iPad retina yesterday and have been playing around with it and overall I love it! The only issue I'm having right now is that in iMessage it's showing then wrong fb profile picture. However, mine is different than the popular one. Instead of it showing someone else's picture, it shows an old one of mine. I wouldn't really care except its showing one of my ex gf and me. Even more weird is that that particular picture isn't even on fb anymore. I've also noticed that its been that way in the contacts list in my phone for quite some time. It never changed after I changed my fb profile picture when we broke up. I've already gone into Settings>Facebook>update all contacts on both my iPhone and iPad, but it hasn't changed it on either device. Anyone know how to fix this? It's really annoying seeing my ex gf every time I send an iMessage....

OP
K

KCRN12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got it fixed... Partially. Turns out I had a bunch of different unlinked contacts for myself (don't ask me why. Idk.). But now that I have all that straitened out I have a different thing going on. Before (and it may just be because of all the different contacts and stuff) when I sent a message, the picture showed up next to the sent message. Now it only shows up on the receiving end. Like, say I send a message to a friend. He'll see my picture next to my message (which seems normal) but on my end it only shows the text. Whereas before it was showing the picture on my end, as well. Can someone tell me whether this is normal or not? Should I be able to see my own picture next to the messages I send? And if so, how do I fix it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Scroll down to the Contacts section and check which address you've got selected for My Info. This is the contact that Messages will use next to your text. Your FaceBook photo should only appear there if this is a contact you synced from FaceBook.

To change the image open the Contacts app, go to the contact, tap Edit below the information, tap the picture, and choose one of the options; Take Photo (using iPad's camera), Choose Photo (from Photos app), Edit Photos (lets you zoom/crop), Delete Photo.

The image shown on your friends phone will be whatever photo he has in his contact information. You have no control over what he sees on his phone in Messages.

Most reactions

Latest posts