What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime in the classroom

Wades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to having iPads in the classroom. Will have 4 in a third grade classroom. I am looking for a few other classes to have FaceTime buddies. I am located in New York.

Thanks,
Wade

merwether

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like to work with you. We're located in Charleston, SC
Bill

Gemspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to work with you and you're class! I teach undergraduate Education majors in New Orleans who can use all of the classroom experiences they can get!

Sent from my Pink*Pad using iPF

kmiksc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wades said:
Hello everyone,
I am new to having iPads in the classroom. Will have 4 in a third grade classroom. I am looking for a few other classes to have FaceTime buddies. I am located in New York.

Thanks,
Wade

I would love to do this with a class. I have several teachers who are interested.

nrfrench

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I teach high school and middle school French and would like to collaborate by using Ipad 2 face time with another French teacher in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) time zone. Anyone interested?

nee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a student teacher in a 5th grade classroom in Danville, CA. My master teacher and I would love to have FaceTime buddies from other classrooms. We would also like to have an expert guest speaker on FaceTime. Has anyone tried this before in a lesson?

pmuldoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I have not heard of it in the classroom before. It is a great idea though. I am now thinking of doing just that sometime this year.
We do student presentations (4th grade) that allow for guest speakers. How cool would it be for them to be at their place of work and show the kids around remotely? I have a projector hooked up to my ipad2 wirelessly via appletv2 so it would be on a projection screen rather than on their own ipads which they do not have.
Thanks for the idea.

EDROCKER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3rd grade in Tennessee

I have recently received some ipads for my 3rd graders and would be interested in working with your class via FaceTime. Also check my music out on Edited by Moderator - No external links, please read the forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

pmuldoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDROCKER said:
I have recently received some ipads for my 3rd graders and would be interested in working with your class via FaceTime. Also check my music out on Edited by Moderator - No external links, please read the forum rules

Hi there. What did you have in mind? I only have my iPad but may have one or more in the future this year.
We could do a Q&A between the classes to get to know each other first as an icebreaker. In a few more months I may have many other classrooms available for you or other teachers to communicate with via FaceTime.

JMartin233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i teach 4th grade in St Louis, MO. I was hoping to find someone that would like to Facetime and teach my students a culture lesson from where they are. From across the USA or other countries? Please let me know. I would love to get this going. My students as well as I would love to participate in this.

Thanks John

Lindsaymj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First grade teacher from Edison,no

Hi I'm a first grade teacher in Edison,nj with a very high Asian and Indian population. We would love to FaceTime with a class talking about culture, special holidays etc anything!!! Looking for a nice conversation with a class that's willing! Please let me know

CaptCaveman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 4th grade teacher in the uk and would love to FaceTime another school. Please get in touch if you're interested, John, or others!

Matt

angelaranae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I teach at a school in Texas. I am the Technology Applications teacher. I also help teachers with using our available technology in the classrooms. We are a K-4th campus. We need a first, second, third, and fourth grade class to collaborate with at a moments notice. Ideally we would like to be able to have children facetime whenever the occusion arises.

Most reactions

Latest posts