What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime camera not working

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In FaceTime I can see the other person but all they see is a black screen. On my screen I see what appears to be a frozen photo of something but there is no photo like that in my photos. It takes up over half of my screen and is frozen. My camera works fine. Any suggestions?

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
The frozen photo doesn't look like a smart cover or a finger does it?:p

It does sort of look like a finger

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
The frozen photo doesn't look like a smart cover or a finger does it?:p

Also, almost half the screen is filled with the favorite bar which I can't get to go away. No, the finger is not a current view from the camera.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restart the iPad. If that does not work then reset it.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried the restart and it didn't work but will try the reset.

OP
linsipad

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet. Thank you very much. The reset worked.

LucySpinks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it right that if I re boot my iPad I will lose all my apps and photos that are on it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it right that if I re boot my iPad I will lose all my apps and photos that are on it?

No. If you hold the Sleep and the Home buttons down until the Apple logo appears, you are doing a reboot (also known as a reset). This will not harm your iPad, nor will it erase everything.

You might be thinking of the term "restore" versus "reboot." Restore is where you connect your iPad to iTunes (via the USB cable) and clicking a button in iTunes. This will erase all your data, so you will want to make a backup first.

But, if you do the steps mentioned in this post, that's a reset/reboot and your iPad will not lose apps or data.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions