What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook

danemi1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning

I wonder if anyone can assist - if I take a piccie with my Ipad2 an option come straight up to upload to Twitter but not Facebook - I have to email it to my home pooter and then upload - niggling me

Also I understand if I press the home button and hold it shows me which apps are open but I dont know how to turn them off - like with the 80's radio - I am not sure how to turn it off consequently there are usually a few apps open

Can anyone help please???

Many thanks in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As of now, only Twitter is integrated with the photo capabilities of the iPad. Maybe in the future Apple will get I integrated (I've heard talk...), but for now, from the stock camera, the only way to put photos on Facebook is as you've been doing - via your computer.

You could also use a Facebook app if you don't want to use the computer. There are many apps that help you upload photos to Facebook.

For you other situation, when you've got the apps showing in that bottom bar, press and hold any one of them until they all start wiggling. You should see a red minus sign on the upper left of each icon. Press that minus sign and the app will then be removed from that multitasking bar.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
D

danemi1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you - what happens if I still want to be able to access the apps on a regular basis but dont actually want them switched on and running in the background - using up power???

Also can you suggest which app to help load to fb??? I see you say tehre are many - which are good? I am so new to the whole shabang!

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To access the apps on a regular basis, just open them from your iPad screen. There is a huge debate as to whether they are actually still running or not anyway when they are showing in the multitasking bar; a debate that I am not going into. But, you can just press the icon again from the screen and it'll open right up.

Hopefully, someone else can recommend a good Facebook app. I don't really use Facebook, let alone use it on my iPad. When I did have it installed on the iPad, I used the Facebook app (the one that Facebook actually put out for the iPad). Seemed to work pretty well. I didn't upload pictures, so I can't speak to that, but I think that app will allow you to upload photos.

Marilyn

Most reactions