What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook

archie481

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad owner. Cannot get FaceTime to work.
I am connected to wi-fi
Any help please

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New iPad owner. Cannot get FaceTime to work.
I am connected to wi-fi
Any help please

Welcome to the forum!

Could you please clarify with which app you are having troubles - Facebook or Facetime. Your title says Facebook but the body of your post says FaceTime. They are two different things...

Before we start helping/typing, it may be best that we know for sure where your problem is. Oh, and please give more detail than [the app] doesn't work. What's the behavior, or not, of the iPad? What type of iPad do you have. Did this just start or was it after an update/upgrade. With more details, we probably can narrow your problem down better. Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
archie481

archie481

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Welcome to the forum!

Could you please clarify with which app you are having troubles - Facebook or Facetime. Your title says Facebook but the body of your post says FaceTime. They are two different things...

Before we start helping/typing, it may be best that we know for sure where your problem is. Oh, and please give more detail than [the app] doesn't work. What's the behavior, or not, of the iPad? What type of iPad do you have. Did this just start or was it after an update/upgrade. With more details, we probably can narrow your problem down better. Thanks.

Marilyn

Apologies, I meant FaceTime

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
archie481

archie481

iPF Noob
Reaction score
archie481 said:
Apologies, I meant FaceTime. I am using an ipad2 since October 2011, purchased from Apple shop in Bluewater

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

With regards your question, your iPad must be connected to wifi, launch the FaceTime app, sign in with your apple id, once verified it will ask you to input your email address. If you have a contact list already this will appear or just input someone's number to contact, of course they have to have FaceTime also.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions