What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook looks strange in ipad safari

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Whenever I visit Facebook in safari it looks strange. Like white background and everything in the news feed listed. Doesn't look nice at all. It also looks like this in one of my Facebook apps. Funnily enough the website looks just fine in Terra web browser for safari. I only noticed this happen for the first time after I made use of reset safari tweak in SBsettings. Thought I'd mention that as I don't know whether or not there may be a link. Anyone have any idea what this can be?

I'd much appreciate it as I prefer safari to Terra.

Thanks!

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add that I just tried atomic web browser and Facebook looks funny also.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook just recently changed their look but it's always had a white background.
That shouldn't be anything jailbreak related.

And maybe it's the mobile version. Is there an "m" at the beginning of the URL?

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea there is an m. And it's different to the usual. It's like just white. No blue or anything. Looks weird. And it's just like lines on news feeds in smaller print.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. That's the mobile version. I haven't found a way to go back to the old version.
Unless you use another browser that you can change the identifier from mobile to desktop.

OP
V

VeGt0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks graywolf! I changed the settings in atomic web browser from mobile safari to safari desktop and now the Facebook is back to normal. It's strange though as this only just started happening yesterday. Before that my safari worked fine to view Facebook.

Most reactions

Latest posts