What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook issues

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, since the update, every Facebook app I've tried crashes like crazy. Also, I can't seem to take people in a post. I have to use a browser to do that; but the browser doesn't have a pull down feature and ends up "floating" when I try to scroll.

Anyone else dealing with this?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mhaskell said:
So, since the update, every Facebook app I've tried crashes like crazy. Also, I can't seem to take people in a post. I have to use a browser to do that; but the browser doesn't have a pull down feature and ends up "floating" when I try to scroll.

Anyone else dealing with this?

The new facebook app was a bit buggy at first but I have no problems now. Have you tried a reset since you updated? give it a go
Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.
Let us know if this fixes it or not.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could be that there are too many apps running in the background. My wife's Facebook and email apps did strange things when she had too many apps running in the background. When I have too many large apps running everything on my iPad goes slow. Double click the home button and shut down the running apps by touching one of them until they all start to shake in the now exposed area. The upper left corner of the icon will have a minus symbol to close the app. That might t are care of the trouble.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
mhaskell

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - those things helped. I also reinstalled the app. However, I still can't tag people or delete a post. Anyone know how inside the app?

itguy4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the app lets you delete posts. I tried once and it didn't seem to be an option. But you should be able to tag by clicking the button at the top right of the picture. I don't have it on right now, but I believe it looks like a curled under arrow.

Most reactions