What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook iPad App to be Unveiled at the iPhone 5 Launch Event

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Facebook_App.JPG

[FONT=&amp]
In an exclusive report today, Mashable reports that the iPad Facebook app will finally be launched at Apple’s October 4[SUP]th[/SUP] media event, when it is also widely expected to launch the next iPhone. Alongside the launch of the iPad app, Facebook will also be launching an updated and spruced-up iPhone app, and possibly even an HTML5-driven app marketplace. According to the report, the Facebook iPad app has been delayed due to, among other things, a “strained” relationship between Facebook and Apple. Mashable’s sources say that there have been ongoing conflicts between Apple and Facebook for the past two years or so, exacerbated by various incidents such as when Facebook withdrew Facebook Connect from Apple’s Ping service because Apple hadn’t warned Facebook that the feature was about to appear. The report also says that Apple had intended to integrate Facebook into iOS, but due to conflicts, turned to Twitter instead, hence the forthcoming Twitter integration which will be a big part of iOS 5. However, it’s not all bad news, in fact Mashable says that the relationship between the two industry giants has improved considerably lately, hence the imminent arrival of the iPad app – the main reason for the thaw is due, in part, to Facebook and Apple’s shared rivalry with Google. So, October is shaping up to be a very exciting month indeed for iPad owners – iOS 5 for starters, and that long-awaited Facebook app![/FONT]

Source: Facebook iPad App to Launch at Apple

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
purnomosetiawan said:
i have a dumb question... is iOS 5 preinstalled with multi gesture software ?

Yes there will be multi gesturing, that's what I'm waiting for too, not long to go now.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeap multi-gesture should arrive with iOS5..! and FB buuu now you care about the iPad users!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ssbib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got my iPad on Tuesday and I was really shocked that there was not an app for it already. I hope there is one soon.

Dr_Malware

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot believe that a ipad fb app has taken so long pretty ridic

HoJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what will be the core difference between the Facebook app and myPad which is very good for me.

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that we be waiting many days more for Facebook app :-(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Facebook app is already part of the existing iPhone app. It's a universal app... I believe it will be triggered and become active....

Most reactions

Latest posts