What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook installed??

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help, I'm new to apple products and can't seem to figure this one out!

New iPad says fb installed but I can't find the app anywhere, also can't uninstall the app, but shows in the app store as installed and in setup.

Maybe I'm missing something?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and see if it is on the next screen. Apps are often installed on new screens when the first one(s) start to become full; even if they are not completely full yet.

OP
R

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and see if it is on the next screen. Apps are often installed on new screens when the first one(s) start to become full; even if they are not completely full yet.

Nope, not on a new screen.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are on iOS 5, you can go to Settings > General > Usage: Look for the app in the Storage list. If you don't see it tap the Show all Apps button at the bottom of the list. Tap on the arrow to the right of the app then tap on the big red Delete App button.

In iOS 4; it's complicated.

OP
R

roadwarrior69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you are on iOS 5, you can go to Settings > General > Usage: Look for the app in the Storage list. If you don't see it tap the Show all Apps button at the bottom of the list. Tap on the arrow to the right of the app then tap on the big red Delete App button.

In iOS 4; it's complicated.

I'm on 4, looking to upgrade though as soon as I can find out how!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case, try a reset first. Missing icons have been known to reaper that way on rare occasion.

The other method involves using iTunes. You have to connect the iPad to iTunes, Transfer Purchases to get all your apps into iTunes (right click on the iPad in iTunes for that option), then use the Apps tab to deselect the app, and sync again.

It's a pain, and if you are not careful you can accidentally remove all you apps; so if it says it's going to delete all your apps or content (do not say OK), back off and we'll take a more systematic approach.

There are several threads on upgrading here. This is one of the best to read over before you give it a try.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Last edited:

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this happens as the maximum number of pages that we can have in iPad is 11. If all these pages are filled. The app won't appear as anion, but it will be there. Great you found and removed it.

Most reactions

Latest posts