What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook for iPad - troubles, questions et al.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the news thread about the Facebook app for iPad tends to fill up with things not going right with it, I thought it might be a good idea to start a separate thread about that sort of stuff. I mean, the app doing this or that or malfunction at times, is not really news, is it?

So, here goes; I go first. And sorry about the slight double-posting on mybehalf...

No-one with the same problems as me? FB app crashes on loading and returns you to home screen (it shows up as inactive in the task bar)? It just happened for the fourth or fifth time, and I'm growing quite annoyed re-installing it every two-three days...

//Stefan 

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the usual 'power the iPad completely off' cure-all?

The return to the Home screen is usually caused by a shortage of system memory (RAM) and powering the iPad right down and then up again frees up unused RAM.

Tim

OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just experienced another FB melt-down... I weren't, though, low on RAM... Had, according to the statusbar 'round 100MB free... Could it be that I was low, say, during the night, and that this in turn caused it to crash? If so, how on Gods green can one remedy such a state? Should I halt FB altogether every time I've used it? Seems a wierd and, somewhat, unstable piece of software in that case, does FB...

Ideas?

//Stefan 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Truly don't know what to tell you, Stefan.

Because I, too, have a JB'd iPad on iOS 4.3.3 and it runs the Facebook app fine.

:shrugs shoulders:

I just don't know what to say ... except to maybe use the Remove Background tweak from Cydia (get the SBSettings toggle too) before you open Facebook? Will definitely clear RAM before your session.

Sorry to be of no use...

Marilyn

ingheanrae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg/Logitech keyboard case problems with Facebook

Had the keyboard case for 2/52 now and am not that impressed with the pairing after sleep mode with it. Main problem is that with the keyboard active the send button in a Facebook posting is missing and part of the message sliding pane just above the message composing area is transparent. Happens every time and is only restored when the keyboard is disabled. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this or any other keyboard accessory?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the keyboard case for 2/52 now and am not that impressed with the pairing after sleep mode with it. Main problem is that with the keyboard active the send button in a Facebook posting is missing and part of the message sliding pane just above the message composing area is transparent. Happens every time and is only restored when the keyboard is disabled. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this or any other keyboard accessory?
Moving to the FB thread for better responses.

boelfje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i post spmething on facebook with the FB app, i can't remove it any more! How cam i delete my post with the ipad and the FB app?

ingheanrae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
boelfje said:
When i post spmething on facebook with the FB app, i can't remove it any more! How cam i delete my post with the ipad and the FB app?

Swipe your finger on the right hand side of the message (just above the 'like' symbol) and a 'remove' button appears.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

haidalicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
facebook

The Facebook app will not install to my iPad, any ideas why?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be better to post this in the apps section, I would be more descriptive with the title though. One thing to try is rebooting the device (hold down home and power button until the device shuts off by its self) and then power it back up and see if the app is there. I had this problem with ibooks and once I rebooted the app icon showed up. Also make sure you are looking at the first page of your desktop (if that's full then look at the next available page).

Algoz66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm now getting really fed up with this Facebook both for Ipad and on my Iphone.
Have to say the IPad version is the worse of the two:
I slide down the screen to update, and all I get is the spinning wheel (it will sit there until I stop it). The only way I can refresh the screen is to "forcequit" facebook and relaunch.
Same happens on the Iphone, but not so frequently.
Also on Ipad when I select a photo a friend has posted it takes me to their whole album and displays a non-related photo. Eventually, it "might" go to the right photo.
I'm really getting to the point where I won't use it. Everything is fine on my Mac and my laptop, it's just the Ipad and Iphone app. Anyone else??

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem also how do I go offline in the chat bar on the ipad2.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sometimes get the spinning wheel when I slide down to update. I've found that sliding the main screen to the right and tapping the News Feed (or any other selection) usually gets me the update.

Most reactions

Latest posts