What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app crashes

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one else notice this? Doesn't do it all then time, but often enough to become annoying.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using it since it came out, hasn't crashed on me at all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mastery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every 2nd or 3rd time, my FB app crashes on opening, but usually works perfectly when immediately re-opening it.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
Yeah, I'm getting a lot of app crashing for this... I used to use 3rd party apps like FPremium or MyPad, until the new version came out, but it's got so many bugs I find myself using the 3rdparty apps more and more each day

Cms3717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook is a horribly written buggy mess.

Mine crashes on my iPad 1 more often then not. I usually have to resort to third party apps like facely. But Facebook is constantly changing that even those can't be updated enough to function, let alone to be cost effective to develope or market. It an info harvesting scam that I'm also a sucker for:)

kedarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been facing this problem a lot. Happens to me mostly when I view images, however of late, it crashes when I try and do pretty much anything with the app...
Has anyone seen any pattern in the crashes?

VR41541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kedarm said:
I've been facing this problem a lot. Happens to me mostly when I view images, however of late, it crashes when I try and do pretty much anything with the app...
Has anyone seen any pattern in the crashes?

I'm having the same crashes when I view images as well. Also I get updates faster when I'm not on the app but still have it open. Weird.

ChayLove730

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens quite often. I can reset my iPad over and over again and it will crash as soon as I begin to comment on a photo.

Helenrhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens quite often. I can reset my iPad over and over again and it will crash as soon as I begin to comment on a photo.

It happens to me all the blooming time!!! Multiple times a day I'm just minding my own business, reading FB, and it just randomly crashes. I've noticed that if it's crashing while I'm typing a comment on someone's photo, then if I type more gently, it's less likely to crash. Also, any jarring of my iPad makes FB crash. It's very temperamental. Is there no cure yet?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Delete and reinstall the app. This deletes the cached data and that seems to help.

SWR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook crashed regularly for me when opening pictures. Today it has crashed and won't open. I have deleted it and re-installed. Shut down my iPad and re-started, but it still won't run. It opens then crashes almost immediately. Any solutions, apart from using another programme? I can currently only use other computers or my phone. Most annoying. Just wondering if it has anythong to do with the trouble I have connecting to the WiFi on the trains. Some journeys it just won't kick in, while I see people all around me connecting. Today on the train no connection, tonight full crash of Facebook.

SWR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed the iOS upgrade and re-installed facebook and it's now running. Hope the other problems are gone too.

Most reactions

Latest posts