What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting Keynote Slides to Imovie

Bray2588

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to make training video's and a friend told me to use IMovie. I have been using it but now I would like to export keynote slides into iMovie to help with my presentations. Is their a way to do this all on the IPad 3?

Last edited:

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

You can export keynote slides into PDF, keynote and ppt format. Either via iTunes, mail or WebDAV.
I think that iMovie will only use videos or images from camera roll. (and audio of course)
One way could be: Screenshots from your presentation slides and importing/using them in iMovie.
All this on the iPad.

But I do not know whether this is the best way to do a training video.

Knut

JLtarga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.JLgraphicFX
I just became a forum member so it may be too late for you to use my input about your post last May. You can create your video directly from Keynote on a Mac (I don't know about iPad because I don't have one.) Simply record your presentation, including any sounds you may have added, by going to Play>Record slideshow. You could do a voiceover while recording your slideshow. It will save as a .mov file, which should play on the iPad (again, I don't know myself.) Alternatively, if that doesn't play on your iPad, there is screen capture software called SnapzPro (about $60) that will record your Keynote slideshow, including a voiceover, and save it as a .mov file. You could then change this file type to another file type, using a free download, that would be accepted by iPad. I have found the .mov file created by Keynote has other scripting in it that doesn't convert well but the SnapsPro .mov file is clean.

Most reactions

Latest posts