What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent Video Player -XBMC

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you have come across a version of XBMC for iPad,

I currently have 3 apps for playing videos (VLC, Cinexplayer, Yxplayer), some are better than others, i get choppy video on one but not the other, some won't play certain audio formats, i mostly have issues with AAC.

Anyhow i have just come across XBMC for iPad, which appears to play everything i have thrown at it, no video lag/choppyness, no audio issues, i have with the other video players.

It will also let you add various add ons, i have just added YouTube, Fox News and Engadget TV, and it plays all the flash content

It can be added from cydia, see following link for install advice;

XBMC Cydia App Free for iPhone/iPod/iPad [Guide/repo.] | iPadOS

Give it a go, see what you think.

P.s. I set up some directories using ifile, dumped my videos in the directories, then point XBMC to the directory.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanksmfor the tip, but one would need to have the device jailbroken first

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

TBaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodplayer does SMB and uPnP and can download or stream almost any format from your home server. You don't have to jailbreak your device. Use XMBC all the time for my ATV2, but after testing CinemaX, VLC, and many others I find GoodPlayer to be the best.

Most reactions

Latest posts