What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel Files

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

numbers can handle some functions and formulas. It is not as comprehensive as Excel 95 was - I guess about 1995 - but all depends on what you consider basic.
If you want to test drive your Excel files, anonymize the data and mail them to me.
I will see what numbers will do with them and report back.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You might want to checkout Onlive Deskop or Cloudon.com.
Both somehow offer the ability to work - online- with Excel files.
Cloudon works with me here in Germany but Onlive Deskop blocks me, because I am a German or because I am in Germany?

Knut

OP
D

darinr80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, it's just some very basic formulas like adding cells together. I am leaning towards Numbers...

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
You might want to checkout Onlive Deskop or Cloudon.com.
Both somehow offer the ability to work - online- with Excel files.
Cloudon works with me here in Germany but Onlive Deskop blocks me, because I am a German or because I am in Germany?

Knut

Don't take it personally! Onlive Desktop isn't available in Canada either. So I use CloudOn as well.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for cheering me up.
I think I have 3 choices:
1. file a lawsuit against Onlive Desktop because of discrimination
2. jump from the edge of my cellar
3. wait till it is available here.

But for 1- I do not have money
for 2 - I do not have a cellar

So it is obvious #3 is my way to go.

Thanks Knut

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
Thanks for cheering me up.
I think I have 3 choices:
1. file a lawsuit against Onlive Desktop because of discrimination
2. jump from the edge of my cellar
3. wait till it is available here.

But for 1- I do not have money
for 2 - I do not have a cellar

So it is obvious #3 is my way to go.

Thanks Knut

You could just open an American iTunes account, that way you can get it, it's pretty crap though, I prefer cloud on.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You could just open an American iTunes account, that way you can get it, it's pretty crap though, I prefer cloud on.

Hi,

good idea. That's what I did to get the app. But the app is not the culprit. It is my IP address. Onlive Desktop determines my origin and if it is not within their desired target group then they block the user. So, they do not like me.

Knut

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
Hi,

good idea. That's what I did to get the app. But the app is not the culprit. It is my IP address. Onlive Desktop determines my origin and if it is not within their desired target group then they block the user. So, they do not like me.

Knut

Ah I see. I haven't used online in a while. Kept saying there was insufficient bandwidth, I guess because it was using an American server, it would probably block me as well!

If you can afford it Polaris office is really good with office 07/10 compatibility, it's on sale until the 15th may, worth a look

OP
D

darinr80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just don't like the cloud for files I want locally. My iPad is wifi only but I use my phone as a hot spot. I think Numbers will work fine for what I need.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quick office is not bad...not perfect, but not bad! I am looking forward to the Googledrive app which is supposed to be available in the next few weeks. Using Googledrive, you can create and edit and save everything in the cloud and I hope the app will have the same facility.

andrewlsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,just like to know when will google dive comes,cause I using drop box now for my work.

Most reactions

Latest posts