What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eww. I feel like a noob... Having air play issues

thai_rant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. This is probably a stoopid question...

I have no air play icon on my iPAD 2 (iOS 6).

Been searching the forums ALL day. Trying to mirror my iPAD so I can be a In-the-now-bad ass-teacher... And I keep being directed to CLICK the air play icon on my multi task bar. But it's not there... Suggestions? Do I need to install something? Activate something? Do tell

Trying

OP
T

thai_rant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the missing variable having an Apple TV device installed and synced with my iPAD. ( such toys are ordered and on the way)

NOTE: it would be nice if the forums just said so...
EVERYTHING that I have read said that I should just have a 'air play' icon to click on the multitask bar... And I don't.

Am I still missing a step?

Any advise will be reimbursed with an optional 'cold beer' ( must be present to win )

Any advise would earn hero status with me.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The airplay icon will only appear if you have a airplay compatible device on the same wifi network as your ipad is connected to. There's no point it appearing otherwise as it wouldn't do anything.

localhost8080

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jonathansblog.co.uk
The airplay icon will only appear if you have a airplay compatible device on the same wifi network as your ipad is connected to. There's no point it appearing otherwise as it wouldn't do anything.

it doesnt have to be on the same wifi network, just on the same subnet.

that means you could plug your aTV in to your router with ethernet and still connect to it from your ipad (only found this out today after having aTV for 2 years :|. )

Most reactions

Latest posts