What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

evernote crashing subsequent to updating today

nambiar.rmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The evernote update was done today and since then the application crashes every time it is accessed

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the App Store, Evernote has this statement for their most recent update on Feb 28): "We are aware that some users are experiencing crashes on upgrade. [They are working to fix it] ... In the meantime, uninstalling and reinstalling the app should resolve the issue."

So, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Might help while they work to fix the problem...

Marilyn

stuhrer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i did that and now it works

Yes, it worked for me as well but not for long. I did a normal search, the app crashed and couldn't be started as before. It's just useless. I keep my fingers crossed for a quick fix.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it worked for me as well but not for long. I did a normal search, the app crashed and couldn't be started as before. It's just useless. I keep my fingers crossed for a quick fix.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? It has been known to work in cases where an app isn't working properly.

stuhrer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? It has been known to work in cases where an app isn't working properly.

Yes, that's what I wanted to say, re-installation just worked until the next crash about two minutes after re-start and a normal search. Now it keeps crashing again on every start. How often should I re-install? I'll now wait until the next update. I just installed Clever HD. It's not free, but it works! However, just now the Evernote server is completely down. I jope this will not get worse. I will look for a more reliable alternative if this continues.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read the article and went to my Evernote account. I was required to choose a new password, just like the article said.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And there's been another update today, that "probably" fixed the original crashing issue; which I also experience yesterday right after that update. I had to delete in re-install.

I caught the password reset news before opening Evernote for the first time today, and had already reset my password via the website; so the behavior of the iOS apps was expected and easily dealt with.

That's two single-day bug updates in a row. First the Kindle app and now Evernote. Apple must have created some kind of fast approval method for this kind of thing. I'm impressed.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read the article and went to my Evernote account. I was required to choose a new password, just like the article said.

I also reset my password on my PC and iPad app and it was accepted, but now find that new notes put in since then no longer sync across. Anyone experience this or could suggest a solution? Deleting the app on iPad (for later re-installing) tells me all info will be lost. Don't want to risk that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also reset my password on my PC and iPad app and it was accepted, but now find that new notes put in since then no longer sync across. Anyone experience this or could suggest a solution? Deleting the app on iPad (for later re-installing) tells me all info will be lost. Don't want to risk that.

I did find that a few of my notes were missing. However, when I added a new note--things began to sync again. Then things reappeared. So maybe your Evernote hasn't synced yet. On my PC/MAC there is a sync button that you can press to manually sync things if you wanted to do that. I am finding though that all my Skitch illustrations have been pushed into a folder I don't want it to be. I have had to go to Skitch to move it, but that didn't seem to work. So I ended up changing the title of the photo and now it's in the right folder. Go figure.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Whereas before when I pushed the sync button you could see a saving movement on the screen, now it's dead and no syncing. Will continue to play with it. Well, there's always the option to also type the notes separately into the iPad Evernote app. Just double the work

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Whereas before when I pushed the sync button you could see a saving movement on the screen, now it's dead and no syncing. Will continue to play with it. Well, there's always the option to also type the notes separately into the iPad Evernote app. Just double the work

seemed like the updates on my previous PC for evernote was a bit different than the versions for the ipad. I would update to the current one to find that there were other updates that needed to be updated as well. So maybe that's the issue.

Another thing, I could't find my cookbook notebook until I typed in the search box in evernote on my ipad. Only when I did that did i find my notes--but it still didn't pull up my actual notebook until about an hour later.

Most reactions

Latest posts