What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

evasi0n IOS 6 Jailbreak - RELEASED!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4th February 2013 - evasi0n Jailbreak Released
That's right people, the first jailbreak for IOS6 has now been released by the evad3rs Team - evasi0n is here!

Download it from http://evasi0n.com/

See our tutorial guide for evasi0n here - iPadForums Tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...jailbreak-ipad-ios-6-0-6-1-using-evasi0n.html

The official thread for discussion of the iOS6 jailbreak is here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

In order to try and keep everything sensibly organised, If you have any questions or comments specifically about the evasi0n tool, post them right here in this thread :)
Any other threads on the subject will be merged or directed towards this one.

Enjoy the jailbreak! :D

Last edited:

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
its out! any guide?

Simply just plug it in....and follow the on screen prompts. Very easy. I just JB all my devices in 6 min

Last edited:

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know :

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click "Jailbreak". Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, they were 30 minutes earlier than the rumors

On the other hand I think I'm coming down with a flu like symptom all of a sudden. I may have to go home and look up on my desktop what to do about that :D

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of internal errors when trying to download tweaks inside of cydia...anyone else?

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing downloads...quick reply, SBSettings, non of them...all internal errors

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-1084157178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the new jailbreakers, this is the first lesson you will learn. Millions of people are trying to jailbreak right now. The servers which host your favourite tweaks will get hammered with download requests for hours, and maybe even days to come. Most things are not hosted on Cydia, it is just the directory. You will just have to have patience until you get a connection with enough server bandwidth ;)

Patience is key!

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
For the new jailbreakers, this is the first lesson you will learn. Millions of people are trying to jailbreak right now. The servers which host your favourite tweaks will get hammered with download requests for hours, and maybe even days to come. Most things are not hosted on Cydia, it is just the directory. You will just have to have patience until you get a connection with enough server bandwidth ;)

Patience is key!

Yea at first I thought it was because 6.1 but then saw the app was compatible. It's a server issue for sure

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was just coming to say the same! This happens after every JB is released. Cydia is just completely overloaded. Give it a few days and it will level off! Be patient and Happy Jailbreaking:)

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a feeling a lot of Cydia programs wont be friendly with the new JB because it's so new

*edit* I should have assumed it was a server issue

Most reactions

Latest posts