What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essential Music Apps

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious to find out what apps everyone uses for their day to day music making on ipad - This is my iOS studio - any others I really need to be using ?

Apple Addict ! iPad 3 , Mini iPad & iPod Touch 5 owner :)

Attachments

• image-1855185700.jpg
    image-1855185700.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,214

Steo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My personnal list of Essential music apps:
- Lemur / TouchOSC
- Loopseque
- Harmonizer
- DM1
- iKaossilator
- iDrum
- NodeBeat HD
- Bloom HD
- iGuzheng
- EasyBeats 2

((Steo))

yamarolorg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Essentials:

Auria
Cubasis
Animoog
iGrand
Sampletank
Sunrizer synth

Blastingas10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been wondering, how is music studio? I have the free version but I'm not really given enough to form a opinion on it. My alesis q25 midi keyboard won't work with it, but I think it said only the full version supports midi keyboards?

I also been wondering, how are the virtual instruments on there? I'm not too impressed with the guitar and bass given on the free version, but that's a minimal concern considering I can play those instruments. I think I read that the full version comes with a lot of different instruments, which is what I'm looking for, to add layers to my music. Could someone give me a run-down on some of the instruments and the sound quality of them? It would be appreciated.

OP
L

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blastingas10 said:
I've been wondering, how is music studio? I have the free version but I'm not really given enough to form a opinion on it. My alesis q25 midi keyboard won't work with it, but I think it said only the full version supports midi keyboards?

I also been wondering, how are the virtual instruments on there? I'm not too impressed with the guitar and bass given on the free version, but that's a minimal concern considering I can play those instruments. I think I read that the full version comes with a lot of different instruments, which is what I'm looking for, to add layers to my music. Could someone give me a run-down on some of the instruments and the sound quality of them? It would be appreciated.

Although its about 3 times the price , I prefer the new Cubasis app to The full Music Studio app . Cubasis just seems far more intuitive to use , nothing seems more than one click away - and the Cubasis virtual instruments also sound better in my opinion . Another reason to take the Cubasis route over Music Studio of course is its seamless Audiobus integration - you can record almost any iPad synth straight into the thing - Amazing . Cubasis also seems to have borrowed one of the things I really did find useful in Music Studio - The chord pads :) I did purchase some of the extra Music Studio sound packs ( synth and world) - They were ok , although not outstanding in quality . I'd say the World sounds were better ..... The Synths were just too generic / a little cheesy sounding .

Last edited:

Blastingas10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really looking for synths. I bought the sunrizer app, which is a pretty good synth app but it's not really what I'm looking for. I'm mainly looking for an app with a lot of virtual instruments that I can control with my midi keyboard.

bakedg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using ipad 4 and samson carbon49 midi controller. on a performance, i feel awkward using midi sequencers. i just need piano and strings (a sound generator app). any app suggestion i can use without the fancy interface of a midi sequencer?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have GarageBand (obvious).

Just a quick warning NOT to buy shapesynth, the expensive app that claims to be a powerful music making app, which is really 100% crap. Awful UI, no indication on how the app works, just a bunch of weird unlabeled buttons and levers. The website is no help. And even worse, it costs $2. Ugh, this app needs to be taken of the App Store ASAP, and the developer should be banned. His other app is (according to reviews) crap as well.

From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

Most reactions