What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erase all media and settings RESET HELP!

d34th25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have an ipad 3 aka new ipad with 64gb wifi only.

It was running on ios 5.1.1 jailbroken. I wanted to reset it back to its original state,so I used the ipad reset and also erase all media and settings.
It has currently been on a spinning icon in the centre for about 1h now. How long does it usually take??

Im really worried that I messed up somehow.
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
D

d34th25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMAG0161.jpg Update: 3hours and still spinning. Help Please!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, you should not have done the reset all from within the Settings app on a jail broken iPad. That's why it's messed up.

Your best (only) bet is to restore the iPad and put iOS 6 on it. To restore it, put it into DFU mode (tutorial here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=27489) and then open iTunes if it doesn't automatically open. Then, with the ipad connected, you can click the "Restore" button on the main Summary page in iTunes.

That should fix it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
D

d34th25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've held the home and home button and it shutdown. Tried to turn it on and still manages to load.

The reason I need to reset is to fix my assistive touch button that keeps crashing.
I know that installing IOS6 will fix it but I still want to retain the youtube app and maps, not the apple maps in the new version.

Anyway for me to reinstall 5.1.1 or
fix assistive touch or
reset to default 5.1.1?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1? If yes, you might be able to re-restore that iPad3 to iOS 5.1.1. Follow this tutorial here and see if it works for you: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

Good luck and let us know how that works out.

Marilyn

P.S. Sorry about giving advice to upgrade to iOS 6. I thought you meant that when you said you wanted to "reset it back to its original state."

OP
D

d34th25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only have OTA shsh blobs so I cant restore it.

Thanks for your help anyway

TimmyBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have shsh you can use the latest redsnow to restore 5.1.1 just stitch

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TimmyBoy said:
If you have shsh you can use the latest redsnow to restore 5.1.1 just stitch

OTA blobs will not work for the restoration to iOS 5.1.1.

Most reactions

Latest posts