What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraved iPads?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those of you who got your iPads engraved, what did you put on them? My boyfriend ordered mine; it says, M_____s Precious. That's also what I call my iPhone. :D

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Although engraving is a nice touch to personalizing the device. I never engrave any of my iDevices. For one I always end up covering the back with protective covering. The other reason being whenever a new device comes out my old one gets sold on Craigslist. Unless by change someone with my same first name wants to buy it, chances are they dont want my name on their new iPad. It depreciates the price. So as much as I want to engrave, I never do.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have engraved some of my iPods in the past. However, no more, especially for a device as expensive as the iPad. Think resale value tanking.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having "Because I can ..." engraved on my iPad. Why? Well, because I can!

Tom

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the devalue comment, and wouldn't have done it for myself for that reason. I also agree with the covering it up with a case comment, which is also another reason I wouldn't engrave. But, he loves me and wanted my first iPad to be special. I'll deal with the resale aspect down the road.

I like "Because I can". If I were to choose my own, I might've gone with "Finally!"

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing people should remember about engraving. If your iPad acts up and you take it to an Apple store, they usually will just give you a replacement because it takes time to get the repairs done. Apple has the most reliable devices on the market, but they are still devices with a lot of components. If it is engraved, they will send it in, and you will have to wait for the repairs.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should start engraving my pw's somewhere so I do not loose them anymore.

Chasedabigbase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Engraved my first one with name address # etc and it fit perfectly I was so happy! Then I found out about zagg adhesive covers...hopefully someone with be smart enough to peel back that and check if ever lose it... :p

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tdrew said:
I'm having "Because I can ..." engraved on my iPad. Why? Well, because I can!

Tom

First iPad or iOS device??? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1Update From NYC!!! using iPF

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing about getting a iPad engraved makes it a bit harder to sell if that option ever comes into play.

Engraving is a groovy idea though.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

mabbent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be nice if apple (or other manufactures) offered embossed covers.

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've engraved:

"To what do I owe the extreme
Pleasure of this surprising visit?"

That's a quote from clockwork orange. :p

Most reactions

Latest posts