What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emailing GarageBand files

Chrisheffo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Does anybody know how to e mail GarageBand files from iPad to iPad and be able to edit the file at both ends?

Thanks

Chris

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
After looking around, it appears that the only way to get the project file is by connecting the iPad to iTunes, then going to the summary of your iPad, and going to the "apps" tab and click garage band under the file sharing section and save it to your computer. Then you can (in theory) plug the second iPad in, and put those files from the PC onto the second iPad. I don't own GarageBand, but you would think that would be easier to do than it actually is :|

juliuswb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any one know of a way to recover or restore a deleted garage band file. I have the file saved elsewhere as an m4a file.

Help please?....

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
juliuswb said:
Does any one know of a way to recover or restore a deleted garage band file. I have the file saved elsewhere as an m4a file.

Help please?....

Maybe it's on iCloud? Save what you have, then delete the app and install it again, and see if iCloud syncs the file back. Just don't back up before you delete it, because it may still be on the iCloud servers!

juliuswb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your prompt response. I was hoping to find an app to recover the trash filed instead because the file had not been synced prior to being deleted.

Thanks again just the same.

Most reactions