What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email questions

Patgolf39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased ipad2. How do I view "sent" emails? Also - how do I add the features shown in this text box. These icons for editing text features are awesome and I miss having them easily available when typing an email. Had it
With my PC!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Whilst in mail, go landscape/sideways, on left hand side click on mailboxes, then click on sent items, just like on your PC

Hope this helps

P.S as for question on editing features, no can do on iPad version.....I don't think, but there are other mail programs in iTunes that are more usable.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased ipad2. How do I view "sent" emails? Also - how do I add the features shown in this text box. These icons for editing text features are awesome and I miss having them easily available when typing an email. Had it
With my PC!

With iOS 5, you can now add bolding, italics or underlining to your e-mails within the Mail app. That's all you can do (as in, you can't create different justification, bullets, etc.), but it's still more than before. Here's how:

Open Mail and start a new message. Then highlight the the text you want to format by dragging you finger over it (or, just "Select" one word by holding it and pressing select). Release the text and the Cut, Copy or Paste menu comes up. Tap the right arrow.

The new formatting options will come up (you'll see a tab titled "BIU"). Tap the button with the formatting icons. A new little pop-up will appear with the words Bold, Italics, and Underline.

Select any or all of the formatting options. When you are done, just tap a blank space outside the highlighted word(s).

You can format just one word all the way up to the whole message. Just highlight the words you want to format and go to town.

I hardly ever use it, because it is a pain to (1) remember how to get to it and (2) go through all those steps. But, if you want emphasis, that's the way Apple has enabled it.

If that's not what you mean, apologies if I misunderstood your question. Else, hope this helps.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with TheRambler's instructions, but I've been looking for an opportunity to try something using Skitch and Keynote in combination; so here is the illustrated guide to getting to your email account's folders.

EmailFolders.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

Patgolf39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replies. The "highlight and click right arrow" is EXTREMELY cumbersome. After 5 tries to make it work, I give up. I really hate this limitation in email messaging. This alone will never let me give up my PC. I think this was a missed opportunity.

Most reactions

Latest posts