What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problems

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 64 gig wifi only. The mail app won't send mail from either my gmail or iCloud mail accounts. The problem has persisted for a few days now on more than one wifi signal at various locations. In the past the app would sync and stop after a few seconds. For the past few days it doesn't stop syncing now matter how long you leave the app open.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried getting a new app specific pass word. That did not work. None of my test emails are going out. Any suggestions?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting the mail app?

Double tap the Home button and a row of recently used apps will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Press and hold the mail app you use until a red (-) sign appears in the top left corner, press this and that will close the app. Then restart it and try again.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You sir, are a genius! I've tried just about everything else. I deleted the account, redid the 2 step verification, rebooted the iPad numerous times and even considered religion. Nothing worked. I'm naming my first born after you. Sure, with a name like "Sapper" he'll have a hard time. Still, it's better than "Sue" right?

Most reactions

Latest posts